To those who swear by Gorilla Juice!! 2k miles....pics! - Page 12 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #133 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
They prob have made a killing off gorilla goo and it is looking to be the worst oil you can use I wonder if its just ATF mixed with gear oil
01 2500 extended cap leveled with 17in moto metal wheels and 35s Dana 80 3.55s 5speed southbend 3250 industrial injection 150 sticks arp studs fass95 titanium sb intake 4in turbo back bd steering box brace and quad pulse 250000 miles runs and drives like it has 10k
durajunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #134 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Made a mistake and put in Gorilla Juice to try to quiet down the trans. It took out my syncros in less than 25k. Drained out the sparkles and put in Mobil Delvac 50 and have babied it for 70k. It's now shot and in trying to re-build I've discovered that Mercedes and Chrysler have jacked the crap out of prices on this tranny. Sync and bearing kits MATERIAL ONLY $3,700. Can not understand why re-mans could be cheaper than getting replacement parts???? Some crap going on here. Hope I never meet up with Lazersmiths. Idiots and crooks.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500, Quad Cab, Long Bed, Laramie w/ Sunroof, 6.7 Cummins, 6 Spd Manual, Black Tool Box & Bed Cover, SB 3250 DD Clutch, Edge Insight Gage, 5" SS TBE w/ Magnaflow Resonator, XRT and now I'm code free!
trophytime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #135 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

They make a lot of noise when you swap a DMF to a SMF. I think the original design for the G56 drive line had very low gearing. I hate this trans, now that it has the SMF and I'm looking at converting it to a NV5600. As far as the MB235-13 rated oil, I drained it within a couple of hundred miles and changed to Mobil delvac 50 and Royal Purple synthetic synchromesh in a 50/50 blend per a recommendation by a member that has a fleet of G56's and tows heavy with no problems to date.
04.5 2500 4X4 5.9 CTD QB LWB NV5600 3:73
07 3500 4X4 6.7 CTD C&C QC LWB G56 3:73
1995 Blue Water boat / 1990 wilderness 5ver
RVTRKN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #136 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
well i have read this full post and glad i did. I was just getting ready to order the GJ for my 2011 dodge and after readying about it i will not be putting it in my truck.i think i will be getting the mobile delvac 50W oil that every one is talking about. but doing some research i found this Amsoil what do you think about it? my Napa store is now selling the Amsoil oil. here is a link to it. thanks Bobby.

AMSOIL Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90
Mopar71 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #137 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I have run the Amsoil in my truck before I put the Garmon in mine . It is just fine to use . A little pricey , but an above avg. trans.fluid .
06 Mega 2500 4x4 auto ; EFI by AD , Garmon Stage 2 , Banks bolt-ons , aFe SS ex. mani. , HBS 2.5" level kit , MBRP , Tuff Country , lots of Thuren front end goodies , Doghouse 1pc.DL w/ spicer 1480's , 6X Isspro EV2 , Custom Billet Badges , Stock 2012 rims , Mopar Severe Duty setup w/ CAT 2 mic. filter , Retrax PRO , Amsoil OBP kit . Firestone Ride Rite . A lot of this $$$ .

Wifes ride : 08 MB R320 CDI
MegaB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #138 (permalink)
Searching for ADRIANNNNNN

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaB View Post
I have run the Amsoil in my truck before I put the Garmon in mine . It is just fine to use . A little pricey , but an above avg. trans.fluid .
We're talking about manuals primarily G56 here buddy, an automatic is a whole other animal lol
POSTS FROM THIS PROFILE ARE MY OPINION 2005 Dodge 2500 QCSB 4x4 | Air Dog 150 | Southbend Dual Disk | A1 12mm Head Studs | HD Pushrods | #110 Hamilton Springs | Fluid Dampr | Smarty UDC Tuned | Exergy 75% over Injectors | Dual CP3's | 63/475 Compounds | 5in Exhaust | Autometer Rail Boost Pyro and Fuel Pressure Gauges | Carli Track Bar | Black Ops Diesel 1 Inch Red I-Beam Control Arms | Traction Bars | 20x12 Fuel Hostages 33x12.50R20 Toyo MT's
Sylvester Stallone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #139 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I run Mobil delvac as well. Nothing to add but money saving tip.

Zorotools had the Mobil delvac 50 for $51a gallon. Since I didnt want to ship I went to the local Grainger and they price matched zorotools. I called them on the 1800 line and talked to a sales rep then went into the store with stock and picked it right up for $51 per gallon

Thought I would share that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to tmontane For This Useful Post:
bigtexss (11-24-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #140 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I have read this entire post. so. all in all the old standard manual trans oil. mobil delvac 50w is the best stuff to go with? I need to know, since I am going to drain my trans here very soon. does any one add any lucas oil to there tans oil? I am just asking, because when I worked on semi's, we added some lucas oil to all of our overhauled 10,13and 15 speeds.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #141 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

nevermind. I figured out what I am going to run. either mobile delvac 50 or the zf syntrans as stated before. I have syntrans readily available to me, so I will most likely run that.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #142 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophytime View Post
Made a mistake and put in Gorilla Juice to try to quiet down the trans. It took out my syncros in less than 25k. Drained out the sparkles and put in Mobil Delvac 50 and have babied it for 70k. It's now shot and in trying to re-build I've discovered that Mercedes and Chrysler have jacked the crap out of prices on this tranny. Sync and bearing kits MATERIAL ONLY $3,700. Can not understand why re-mans could be cheaper than getting replacement parts???? Some crap going on here. Hope I never meet up with Lazersmiths. Idiots and crooks.
I drained my GJ in 45 miles. Lots of gold flakes.
I can't imagine with this trans which is so prevalent throughout the world,can be so expensive to buy/rebuild.
Have you tried buying from the discount Dodge dealers?
Blumenthal told me they rebuild them,refill w/ATF and advise the owner to get an auto. Of course that entails $4500-$6000 in order to beef them up.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #143 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

what is so different about these transmissions ? I mean it is still a manual box. just like how many other trucks back in the day, and even now. synchro's are synchro's gears are gears (to a point, I know I know)

just wondering.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #144 (permalink)
Diesel Head

The DMF makes them unique. We've had to go to a thicker fluid due to the aluminum case when converting to smf. Lots of gremlin noises after the conversion.
I never had any gold flakes w/Amsoil ATF in all these years and my current formula of Delvac and Amsoil 5-30 synchromesh shouldn't yield much either.

To be honest a 100 hp+ HD dmf would sell like hotcakes if someone would make one. I miss that near silent smooth shifting stock G-56 with the dmf.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.