How much does it cost to replace all 6 injectors, 2005 DRW - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
How much does it cost to replace all 6 injectors, 2005 DRW

How much are owners paying to have injectors replaced?

I am looking into having my injectors replaced professionally. The truck is a stock 2005 DRW, stock except that I added a Glacier 2 micron filter.
I would replace with new all 6 injectors with the stock Bosch injectors.
I am in central Washington state and could travel to Portland, Seattle, Spokane or anywhere in the north west to have the work done.
Thanks for giving me your advice
chumstone is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
ROLLIN SMOKE DIESEL

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,966 Posts
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
honestly with a few hand tools you could do this yourself in your driveway. depending on labor you might see prices north of $4,000. let a few people chime in on their personal experiences.

Feel free to email me for quotes: duke@rollinsmokediesel.com

Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST, online ordering 24/7
Broke Down is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I too am in the same boat so replies would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

like mentioned, it all depends on what each individual shop is going to charge for labor (hours or $/hr)

Also, your cost of injectors can vary depending on where you buy them

Theirs alot of factors involved, with local shop rates being a huge variable (for instance, the joe blow shops here are $120/hr which will likely take a bit longer to do the job, and a decent diesel tech is $160-180/hr and can bang out the job faster)

A diesel performance shop can likley give you the best rate as they have likely done the job a billion times and likely charge a flat rate
ykdave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

And remember, the shop is only as good as the dude that they put on your job. In a shop of 4 guys, probably 2 are any good, and the other 2 are wannabe's.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I paid 4500cad for BP70hp injectors w/crossover tubes new FASS filters labour and tax in.
My truck moves like crazy now....it was a job well done....
Biga is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just bought new injectors with 50hp nozzles from DDP for just over 3,000. NEW NOT REMANUFACTURED!!!!!! (360) 794-5732 You'll most likely talk to Nick. They will give you easy to follow step by step instructions with pictures and a list of tools you will need (not many tools). They are VERY easy to install yourself..... YOU CAN DO IT! I BELIEVE IN YOU. If I can, seriously, you can! If not, I think the shop rate is around $100hr. But its easy and fun to do yourself. You'll feel pretty good when you torque the last bolt, turn the key, and your truck puurrrs to life.
I hope my babbling helps.

GOOD LUCK,
Mark
WAPipeliner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

New stock replacements are around $2,200....rough ballpark. If you don't want nozzles (nozzles recomended by all). I personally LOVE mine. DDP makes a very acceptional product. Your truck will idle and run smoother. The 50hp nozzles give you a nice boost of smoke free power, and once your foot calms down, there is a couple extra MPG's there too!
WAPipeliner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

If you don't have the time or will, which is understandable, your probably looking at about 3000 for stock injector/nozzle swap. It took me about 3-4 hours to do mine. It was cold out, my hands were frozen so it slowed me down. I took my time, cleaned all the parts, inspected everything, just like I was in the Marines. Injectors ran me about 2100, they were Bosch remans. Good luck finding new (never been used) injectors, they don't exist unless you buy a crate motor (from my research). The bodies are used in remans, but all internals are new. So they are considered "new." You need to get Bosch certified injectors, since these are the only ones that meet the specs of actual new injectors. Bosch doesn't release their injector specs so other companies cannot refurbish injectors to Bosch standards. Nozzles do help, I didn't get any. Aftermarket nozzles with injectors are balanced (should be at least) and give you a smoother ride and more power, worth the money in most cases. If you getting stock injectors and nozzles installed, you shouldn't be charged more than 3000. If you do it yourself, get some intake gaskets too.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I got a set of 75% over(150hp) reman from exergy for 3100. I'm changing them myself. Was originally going to just get the 75% nozzles, but my injectors were bad. I guess 165k was too many miles. I had no symptoms of bad injectors except for a slightly rough idle sometimes.
04.5qcsb 3/4hd soon kilduff shifted raychem built 47re isspro adii motorsport 100%over and 10.6cp3 & bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty ssr 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle dynatrac
dixon700 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.