Went to NAPA. They're closed on Sundays. Went to Bennett Auto Parts. They had a Chinese pump. Went to Advanced Discount Auto Parts. The pump looked really cheaply built. Went to Carquest and the salesman pissed me off. The seal in the carquest labeled part was round and didn't fit at all in the pump. Went to Autozone and looked at the Duralast. I bought the Duralast for $51 with a limited lifetime guarantee. Here's my experience.
1) the belt tensioner was unexpectedly sprung pretty tight.
2) working conditions are quite tight.
3) drained and saved the factory red antifreeze (it was really clean)
4) two bolts (used a short 10 mm box end wrench)
5) popped off the old pump in less than an hour.
6) had to remove the upper fan shroud bolt to wriggle the pump out.
7) installation went in just as it came out. Torqued the bolts to 18 ft-lbs
Running good with no leaks yet. Will see tomorrow.
Top view shows the castings are similar. the shaft sticks out a little from the Duralast, but it's not a problem. Duralast pump is made in Mexico
Strange modification to the impeller (above and below). Looks like a slinger. Not sure what to think about that. Note the weep hole in the OEM pump. I definitely didnt like that.
Pulleys are the same size.
Here's the weep hole difference. The OEM weeps onto the deck just below the pump and makes a mess. I hope when the duralast goes, It will drip straight to the ground. And when it goes, I'll have a brand new one from Autozone under warrantee.