Who truely makes the best 10 or 12 ply tire - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Who truely makes the best 10 or 12 ply tire

I am so tired of every tire outfit having the "Best" tires. I have ran Hercules, Firestone, Goodyear, Cooper and all do not handle heavy loads well. It sure would be nice to get 25,000 out of a tire. I need a stiff, mildly aggressive 17 inch tire that really hold up. Cost is important but I am willing to pay a lot more for a lot better tire. Let me know as well as maybe some links to another tire outlet.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Bridgestone. I run bridgestone dueller revo's on my dually and get 50k out of them. Also ran bridgestone v-steels on my 2wd dually and dual tandem trailer when I was a hot shot. Could get 60k out of them and they handled a load great.
97 3500 4x4 Ext. cab, Goerend Tranny & TC, 15* timing, #10 plate full forward, autometer gauges, lock up switch, prime loc, Amsoil Nano, straight piped, posi-lok, lots to come
Whistler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

Thanked 1,438 Times in 968 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Toyo AT or MT

AH64ID is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Toyo fan.

Another vote for Toyo. I had a near catastrophic blowout with my Bridgestone AT's(D rated w/3305# load rating per tire. At the time of the blowout they had 2200# per tire on them. Complete tread separation.) Bfg's followed with vibration problems that BFG nor Discount would address. Switched to Toyo's on the '99 and running them now on the '07. Minimal weight needed and a huge payload rating. Zero vibes in either truck w/Toyo products. Sold to the American.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

"Sold to the American."........?

I have Toyo's too and love them. Very solid tire with a good ride.
07.5, 6.7CTD, 6spd Manual, 3:73LSD, 4X4, QC, Shortbed, leveling kit, 295/70/17 TOYO M/T's, PMT with other mods.
notouch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

As I cant say much, i heard alot of good of michelins. i run stock generals on my dually and that is a pure hot shot truck with avg loads of 21k pounds on gn. I never run with no trailer with this truck. I got 35k on her now with 1 tire rotation at 20k. Plan on doing another rotation at 40k. I have at around another 50 percent left of tires. So im pleased so far. As for trailer tires, I have lone star karriers on them with load range e. I had brand new tires on trailer when I bought truck. I have had 2 giant pimples that made me replace when tread still looks awesome, and other tires are wearing improperely and have uneven spots which give now a bouncy ride. I HATE THEse TIRes. Once these tires get to the point of new tires, i will not go back. I thinbik these tires suck because of load rating though.
ccoop769 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

We run Hercules on our 1ton dodge fire truck and have no problem with them. Our empty weight is 11,500.
03silver_hand_shaker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyKess View Post
I am so tired of every tire outfit having the "Best" tires. I have ran Hercules, Firestone, Goodyear, Cooper and all do not handle heavy loads well. It sure would be nice to get 25,000 out of a tire. I need a stiff, mildly aggressive 17 inch tire that really hold up. Cost is important but I am willing to pay a lot more for a lot better tire. Let me know as well as maybe some links to another tire outlet.

Thanks
Best to get out of the consumer tire segment and into the commercial tire segment. Look at Toyo M-55's (I think that is the number) Hard wearing and long lasting and aggressive enough. The drawbacks to them are mostly noise related and ride related. (stiff, hard rubber)
04 QCSB 3500 SRW Laramie 4x4: Peak Diesel Performance BB Twins; almost stock 11.89 @ 119.26 mph... 900+ on #2 @ Left Coast Diesel
soulezoo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Toyo Mt's with 9000 miles--- no issues. E rated 10 ply tire.:thumbsup
IAFF Local 1159
Kevin
Shagginwagon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

michelins are great get the ltx m/s they make no noise and have good traction and the side walls are good and stiff for heavy loads i love them thats all i will buy
Old 01-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat430e View Post
michelins are great get the ltx m/s they make no noise and have good traction and the side walls are good and stiff for heavy loads i love them thats all i will buy

One more for the Michelins,they handle great and they wear very well. it's all I need.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Former Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
Best to get out of the consumer tire segment and into the commercial tire segment. Look at Toyo M-55's (I think that is the number) Hard wearing and long lasting and aggressive enough. The drawbacks to them are mostly noise related and ride related. (stiff, hard rubber)
M-55 are known as a tough-long lasting tire. Sizes in 17" wheels are limited though. That's where the Open Country AT/MT come in with a wide range of sizes as well as higher load capacities.

Toyo Lt truck tires
M-55 data sheet with sizes/weight ratings
Open country data sheet with sizes/weight ratings
'04 Patriot Blue SRW 3500 QC 4X4 Laramie, 6spd, HO, Edge EZ, TST PowerMAXCR, Smarty, SPS 66, Rip's 4", AFE PG7 W/torque tube, FASS 150, Superlift leveling kit, Ride Rite's w/onboard air, Line-X. Torklift camper tie downs, fuel vent mod, CB, GPSmap 168, Buckstop/Warn 12,000 lb, KC Daylighters, MTL w/prolong in trans, Haisley DD, DiPricol gauges and Quad Commander. 77K
513/1043 Fast Specialties DDD 4-15-2006 TST-EZ stack, Quickest 1/4 mile ET 13.949 @ 96 MPH @ PIR

Hauls Lance "Lite" 1025 @4klbs
Wifes truck '98 Intense Blue 12V QC LB 4X4 Auto
MR4WLR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.