drivetrain problems differential - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question drivetrain problems differential

can i remove the axles on my 2500 dodge and see if the axle is bent i have a vibration at 70 miles an hour only but can tell if it is the drive or axles can any one help quickly will this hurt anything if they r both removed i know i will have to put it in nuetral and cut the truck off to stop the drive shaft
BullyDodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like ur drive shaft more that axle shafts check that first possibly a shot u joint.
2004.5 3500 4x4 NV5600, PDR Cam, ARP 425s, industrial injection 60 horse injectors, Raptor 100 fuel pump, DIY 2micron fuel filter system with big line upgrade, HE351 over S475,more brewing SMARTY S06 and UDC fine tuning all of it
mkwelds is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I've never seen a bent axle, they have all been broke or twisted which let to it shearing.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Seen a bent axle shaft only twice. Once from the truck being t-boned other from me hitting another vehicle head on at 60 mph haha
2004.5 3500 4x4 NV5600, PDR Cam, ARP 425s, industrial injection 60 horse injectors, Raptor 100 fuel pump, DIY 2micron fuel filter system with big line upgrade, HE351 over S475,more brewing SMARTY S06 and UDC fine tuning all of it
mkwelds is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

no u joints just replaced fine and well
BullyDodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwelds View Post
Seen a bent axle shaft only twice. Once from the truck being t-boned other from me hitting another vehicle head on at 60 mph haha
The acutal axle shaft or the axle housing?
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.