Wait to start light wont go off!! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wait to start light wont go off!!

Ok, so here is deal. I was driving home from Alabama back home to Wyoming. I was going along and my check engine light came on, I lost power and started blowing black smoke. I recent had the same issue, the first time I took it to a dealer ship and they replaced the fan clutch, everything worked fine after that for about a month till this point. So I figured it was the same issue.
Took it in to the nearest dealer along the way, they told me the fuel filter was dirty. Replaced it and before I got back on the interstate I fueled up. Well when I was almost full, I realized I was putting in Bio-Diesel. I have never ran bio in it before but I figured it would be fine. Right when I got on the interstate my wait to start light came on and it has not gone off yet.
Every time I start the truck it chimes 5 or 6 times. I have talked to a few diesel buddy’s of mine and they have never heard of such a thing. My question is, has anyone ever heard of this? And how do I go about getting it fixed, I don’t think a code reader will pick something like that up... Any ideas, thoughts appreciated!
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Mine just did the same thing this morning..but it happened right after I changed the tire size on my Smarty SSR. I checked if there was a code and there was. It was loss of communication with the ABS module. I figured it was an old code but when I erased the code the light went off. I drove about 5 miles and it came on again. So somehow the ABS module has something to do with the wait to start light...I have no freaking idea. I would say clear your code with a regular scanner and see if it comes back. I'm going to remove the smarty and reinstall it and see what happens
Old 07-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ill do that. Its Saturday so I cant get my hands on a reader today, but it will be first thing monday. TKS for your help, leme know if you find anything else.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I reset it again and so far it hasn't came back on..drove about 30 miles so far
Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well I read the codes,
P1048 Fuel error, this one has came up like every month now
P0513 which I believe is a wrong key being used, which probably happened at the steelership
P1222, Traction control output circuit malfunction
P1223 Pedal demand sensor B circuit high input.
I am not sure why the last two were there or even what they mean but once I cleared them all they have not came back and the wait to start light is now off.. very weird but I just hope they stay off!
Thanks for your help!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.