Spyntec or Dynatrac which is better? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Spyntec or Dynatrac which is better?

I have a 2007 dodge 83000 miles and both wheel bearings have failed " go figure". I plan on going with the free spin hubs, but I have looked at both spyntech and dynatrac. Spyntec is cheaper in price and sticks out further than dynatrac. I would just like to know which is better.
Swain is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

it's your choice, both are good & are considered much stronger than stock. I chose spyntec with cost being the concern. once you do the kit new axle universal joints & ya might as well do ball joints @ the same time then decide if it is important to have hubs stick out a bit further.
happy with my kit, nice improvement in truck feel & power feels better not pushing front end.
05' 4x4 MBRP 4" duals, cfm intake, ats xhaust manf, afe air intke, predator, boost egt rail pressure gages, steering stab, Dr. performance, spyntec free wheeling kit, dynatrac ball joints, fully built ATS tranny 3" Carli lift with leafs, 37" Toyo's
69chevelle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Spyntec is right here in Ohio. North Lima i want to say. Plus he has a dually kit that is complete and no spacers are needed.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I have Spyn Tec, and I am very pleased. The Warn lockouts are $50.00 more. I went with the Mile Marker, and they're just fine.
2005 Dodge Ram 5.9 CTD 4X4 6Spd NV 5600 373 Ratios. Spyn Tec Lockout Hubs. Carli Ball Joints, Control Arms, and Track Bar. 285/70R17E Nitto TG. Complete Banks Power Pack System, cold air intake with scoop. 5" Magnaflow Turbo Back Exhaust.
"TAKE IT EASY WHILE YOU'RE GOING FAST!"

Last edited by Anthony C; 04-30-2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Correction
Anthony C is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Just installed Yukon Free spin kit. Price comparible to spyntec. Decided to go this route cause it seems spyntec can't keep up with demand. Backordered 4-6weeks from sites I researched. Found Yukon kit for $1750CAD all in delivered to my door. Sticks out 2.5" past stock rim hub caps. Will stick out less when I install aftermarket rims with 4.5" baqckspacing compared to factory 6" back spacing. Components seemed to be high quality, forged spindles, 4140 chrome moly 1.5" 35splined outer stub shafts (factory = 1.25" 30 spline), timken bearings, warn hubs. Fitment issues was disappointing. Had to grind down spindles to fit ABS sensors, studs 1/4" shorter than factory. stud splines very tight in hub assembly. Had to grind down slightly. Had to polish stub shaft where ujoint caps due to being too tight for my liking. I checked ball joints with magnetic dial indicator. Top Ball joints speced at 0.008" & bottom Ball joints were tight. All well within factory tolerences. In all, the R&R took approx 10hrs with included mods + drilling out hub caps with 4.5" hole saw. Havn't drove enough to see if I'm getting the 1.5mpg increase as promised but like the fact that I wont be wearing out all new U-Joints that initiated the install. Original OEM uni-bearings w/ +160K miles were still good, but decided to be pro-active. Stealership wanted $565CAD per side so the kit was only +/-$600 more than OEM to convert.
06 MC 2500 Laramie 4X4 auto/ DDP 90HP/Fass 150/ARP studs/6gun + IQ/Cold Air/IC/ Intake/ 4"duels(all Banks) DTT trans/Revtec 2"/ Rancho 9000/35" MT's/ Firestone Air Bags w/ compressor/ SRT10 Hood/Line X/Role Top/Yukon Free Spin Hubs
rayvin433 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
overall I think that the dynatrac kit is the "best" out of them, but all others are just fine. The reason I feal the dynatrac is the best is their hubs are machined steel that allow the wheels to sit exactly in the stock location. The dynatrac kit comes very complete with great instructions and its easy to install. Dynatrac also has great customer service and will make an issues right asap. With that said I personally feal you cant go wrong with any of the kits out there, they are all very comparable.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I decided to spend the extra money on the Dynatrac kit with Warn hubs. I figured if I'm gonna be spending that kind of money, I may as well get the kit that will have the highest resale value. If the day ever comes that I sell my truck, I know the kit will sell instantaniously in the classifieds for a fair price. It's gonna be a great investment that's gonna more than pay for itself multiple times.
2007 5.9 4x4 3.73's, 4" Diamond Eye exhuast, CFM+, BD wastgate, K&N FIPK/Amsoil Nano, Smarty Jr. POD/REVO, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, DTT billet triple tc, ISSPRO boost & pyro, Amsoiled, Dynatrac Free-Spin, GDP MK-2+ Big Line, Hellwig 7658 swaybar
duluth141m7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Both are quality kits but have their trade offs. Dynatrac doesnt stick out as much but has the open abs ring , the sryntec has the enclosed abs ring but sticks out at least another 1- 1.5" more than the dynatrac.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluth141m7 View Post
I decided to spend the extra money on the Dynatrac kit with Warn hubs. I figured if I'm gonna be spending that kind of money, I may as well get the kit that will have the highest resale value. If the day ever comes that I sell my truck, I know the kit will sell instantaniously in the classifieds for a fair price. It's gonna be a great investment that's gonna more than pay for itself multiple times.
your gonna be impressed on the difference the kit makes. Just get some good lithium based syn grease, install the kit and dont look back.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Spyn Tec

The Timkin bearings them selves make the biggest difference in the front end. The icing on the cake is the lockout hub! If a bearing is ever needed for the front spindle, you're looking at about $40.00 to $50.00. Instead of $250.00........... And they're so much easier to replace!
2005 Dodge Ram 5.9 CTD 4X4 6Spd NV 5600 373 Ratios. Spyn Tec Lockout Hubs. Carli Ball Joints, Control Arms, and Track Bar. 285/70R17E Nitto TG. Complete Banks Power Pack System, cold air intake with scoop. 5" Magnaflow Turbo Back Exhaust.
"TAKE IT EASY WHILE YOU'RE GOING FAST!"
Anthony C is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I insalled the Dynatrac kit last year and have nothing but good things to say about it.. I have never installed somthing like that in my life but with their detailed instructions and customer service it was a breeze. their parts are quality and didnt require me to drill or modify my rims.

.:
Quilbilly Brian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.