Severe Duty Filtration Kit, HELP - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The dealer said they would do an upgrade flash for me but they didn't know if that will install the feature. My truck has never been flashed. Still on the original programs. The dealer is trying to get Chryslers help on this, but who knows how long that will take. I have been thinking about the Star Scan tool the tech was using and how slow it was. I wonder if we waited long enough for all the options to be displayed on the tool. But then the tech connected the truck to the shop diagnostic computer and did not find the feature.
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

Thanked 1,362 Times in 925 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
I guess the only way to know if it works it to flash it.

AH64ID is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

I just found my pdf file of the TSB and it lists nothing about having to flash the ECM... But hey it can't hurt.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I was sent a P.M. about this thread so I am posting the answer to my question. The dealer found out from Chrysler that my truck needs to be connected to the star mobile tool that connects the truck to Chryslers main computer. The main computer scans the trucks modules and reports to the dealers computer about any flash updates needed. It also checks for the installation of the 2 new water in fuel sensors that must be installed with the kit. If the sensors are there, then the enable bio diesel WIF option is on the dealers computer. Dealer clicks yes and the WIF light turns off and the truck is good to go.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

07 ThunderRoad,
When you added the mopar kit, did you install the included pump and lines? I ordered this kit and don't know if I should install it like AH64ID without the pump and lines or install it as per the directions.

Thanks,
Earl
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I installed 2 of the kits on my truck. First kit has the water fuel seperator that came with the kit. The second kit has the 2 micron filter. I installed both with the heaters. The factory lift pump worked fine, but I dropped my fuel tank for inspection and to install a vent filter to prevent contaminants from entering the fuel tank. So, I installed the new lift pump. I did not note any change in performance and the low lift pump pressure light I installed did not light with the factory pump or the kit pump. I still have the stock filter on the engine also. I have no problems passing fuel through all 3 filters. Also, I changed my fuel line configuration. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.
Mopar_Earl (12-02-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Did you see the pics of my filters in this thread? Mopar Severe Duty Filtration Kit
The dealer that found out how to set up the kits W.I.F. light is Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of North Olmsted.

Last edited by 07 ThunderRoad; 11-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.
07 ThunderRoad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

Turned out great!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 ThunderRoad View Post
I installed 2 of the kits on my truck. First kit has the water fuel seperator that came with the kit. The second kit has the 2 micron filter. I installed both with the heaters. The factory lift pump worked fine, but I dropped my fuel tank for inspection and to install a vent filter to prevent contaminants from entering the fuel tank. So, I installed the new lift pump. I did not note any change in performance and the low lift pump pressure light I installed did not light with the factory pump or the kit pump. I still have the stock filter on the engine also. I have no problems passing fuel through all 3 filters. Also, I changed my fuel line configuration. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.
Thanks for the info! Now when you say you changed the configuration of your fuel line, what did you do? That mean you didn't use the included fuel lines in the kit?
I have friends that live in your area or use to. Maple heights and now they live near Chardon/Mayfield. I went to school at Ohio Diesel Tech in Cleveland.

Thanks,
Earl
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I set the filter head so the outlet was at the frame. I used the kit fuel line with the quick connects on both ends and slid the factory fuel line foam sleave on to the kit line. Installed line to kit filter and factory filter. I cut the factory fuel line ahead of the frame clip so it is still supported. Used a tubing bender to bend it back and up 160*. Went to Napa and picked up a role of plastic fuel line and quick connect and made up the 16" I needed to complete the connection on the other filter( on your setup, it would be the inlet to the same filter) (I used 2 right angle quick connects and plastic fuel line to make the connection between the 2 kit filters). You will need to put a 1" bump up in the kit line to clear the factory line. This will allow you to use the clips the kit has to support the kit line to the factory line at the frame mounting clip (this is why you need to cut the factory line well past the frame mounting clip). Use your tubing bender slowly and carefully. The factory line is stainless steel and kinks easy. (that mistake cost me $80.00) I did all my work befor the factory filter on the engine because of the warranty.
Mopar_Earl (12-02-2011)
Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 ThunderRoad View Post
Did you see the pics of my filters in this thread? Mopar Severe Duty Filtration Kit
The dealer that found out how to set up the kits W.I.F. light is Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of North Olmsted.

Do you have the mechanic's name and phone number to this dealership?
2004.0 Dodge Ram 2500,Stock 5.9L Diesel H.O. 305HP/555lb.ft ,6-speed NV5600, 2WD,2" front level, Frantz oil bypass, Cat 1R-0479 fuel filter under the intake, Baldwin BF1212 filter under the truck, Smarty S06 programmer,revo tune,Issopro FP,ETG,Boost gauges
Jbremount is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbremount View Post
Do you have the mechanic's name and phone number to this dealership?
The service manager, Bill, did the investigation and the computer work on my truck. I installed the kits. If you are asking about a 2005 or older truck, follow the directions in the kit. The directions in the kit are not correct for 2007 and newer. I don't know about the 2006 trucks, but its one or the other.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.