My apologies, I was incorrect about 150k.
I just checked the service manual for an 06 and it says initial valve adjustment at 135K. The given procedure is below.
Keep in mind that the exhaust valve lash settings changed in 06 to the below numbers.
VALVE LASH ADJUSTMENT AND VERIFICATION
NOTE: To obtain accurate readings, valve lash
measurements AND adjustments should only be
performed when the engine coolant temperature is
less than 60° C (140° F).
The 24–valve overhead system is a “low-maintenance”
design. Routine adjustments are no longer necessary,
however, measurement should still take place when
troubleshooting performance problems, or upon completion
of a repair that includes removal and installation
of the valve train components or injectors.
1. Disconnect battery negative cables.
2. Remove cylinder head cover (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/
CYLINDER HEAD/CYLINDER HEAD COVER(S) -
3. Using the crankshaft barring tool #7471–B, rotate crankshaft to align damper TDC mark to 12:00 o’clock position.
a. If both number one cylinder rocker levers are loose, continue to next step.
b. If both number one cylinder rocker levers are not loose, rotate crankshaft 360 degrees.
DR ENGINE - 5.9L DIESEL - SERVICE INFORMATION 9 - 2643
4. With the engine in this position, valve lash can be measured at the following rocker arms: INTAKE 1–2–4 /
EXHAUST 1–3–5. Measure the valve lash by inserting a feeler gauge between the rocker arm socket and crosshead.
Refer to VALVE LASH LIMIT CHART for the correct specifications. If the measurement falls within the
limits, adjustment/resetting is not necessary. If measurement finds the lash outside of the limits, adjustment/
resetting is required.
VALVE LASH LIMIT CHART
0.152 mm ( 0.006 in.) MIN.
0.381 mm ( 0.015 in.) MAX
0.533 mm (0.021 in.) MIN.
0.863 mm (0.034 in.) MAX.
If measured valve lash falls within these specifications, no adjustment/reset is necessary. Engine operation within
these ranges has no adverse affect on performance, emissions, fuel economy or level of engine noise.
5. If adjustment/resetting is required, loosen the lock
nut on rocker arms and turn the adjusting screw
until the desired lash is obtained:
˛ INTAKE 0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
˛ EXHAUST 0.660 mm (0.026 in.) Tighten the lock
nut to 24 N·m (18 ft. lbs.) and recheck the valve
6. Using the crankshaft barring tool, rotate the crankshaft
one revolution (360°) to align the damper
TDC mark to the 12 o’clock position.
7. With the engine in this position, valve lash can be
measured at the remaining rocker arms: INTAKE
3–5–6 / EXHAUST 2–4–6. Use the same method
as above for determining whether adjustment is
necessary, and adjust those that are found to be
outside of the limits.
8. Install the cylinder head cover (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/CYLINDER HEAD/CYLINDER HEAD COVER(S) - INSTALLATION).
9. Connect the battery negative cables.