2004 Ram 2500 5.9L Turbo Check Engine Light - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question 2004 Ram 2500 5.9L Turbo Check Engine Light

While driving on the highway yesterday, my check engine light came on and at the same time, my acceleration gave out. I had to pump the accelerator several times before it "caught" again and accelerated. Then every once in a while, it will go out again and the truck ever so slightly jumps forward while it slows itself down, but again, I pump the accelerator a few times and it will go again.
And another question. I just had my first oil change done, and ever since then, my oil pressure gauge stays at 40, but when I let off of the gas, it drops a little bit, then goes back to 40 when I accelerate. I didn't notice if it was doing that or not before I got the oil changed, so I am unsure as to whether or not thats normal.
This is my first diesel and I just bought it a month ago. I take very good care of it and have never driven above 75 mph. It only has 82,000 miles on it and the only previous owner took very good care of it and saved all the records, so it's in tip top shape, until now. I'm in the military and I don't have the money to throw around to fix this and that hoping it's what the problem is, so I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me so I can go into the shop and know almost exactly what needs to be fixed.
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wont playwell with others

Thanked 2,437 Times in 1,684 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
it sounds like a APPS issue, not sure if the 04 has it but i believe so. APPS= accelerator peddle position sensor. try to pull up codes and see what codes you get. If you dont know how to pull codes, do a search on here to find it and more info on the apps
Marine5811 (07-06-2010)
Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hey, thanks very much! I'll be sure to look into that APPS thing. I greatly appreciate your help!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.