Vibration in 2006 3500 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Vibration in 2006 3500

Hope i get some help on my truck from here. I got a vibration in my truck when i get to about 50mph and one at 70 mph. Had the tires blanaced it help the 50 mph but not the 70 mph. Does any one got any ideas what this might be? It also only has 53000 miles on it so its not even broke in yet. any help would be greatly appriated.
liltractor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltractor View Post
Hope i get some help on my truck from here. I got a vibration in my truck when i get to about 50mph and one at 70 mph. Had the tires blanaced it help the 50 mph but not the 70 mph. Does any one got any ideas what this might be? It also only has 53000 miles on it so its not even broke in yet. any help would be greatly appriated.

You might check the front end parts. ie: tie rod ends, drag link, ball joints, etc. Also search this site for "death wobble".

Something else that you can check, but you need someone rolling the truck forward for you while doing. Check ALL of the tires for high spots going the same direction the tread is going. You might have a tire seperating. Just replaced mine for the same type deal and 40-k miles.

Last edited by TVtruck; 05-15-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: clean up
nostroker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah they checked for that separtion yesterday said all the tires where good and that there where no flat spots or anything that tires where in exellent condtion. i will check that death wobble like you say, take you heard of this before though.

Last edited by TVtruck; 05-15-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Yeap, from what I have seen it has been more of a problem on 4x4 and lifted trucks. Mine is a 2wd cab n chassis and so far no problems, but that part is all stock.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostroker View Post
Yeap, from what I have seen it has been more of a problem on 4x4 and lifted trucks. Mine is a 2wd cab n chassis and so far no problems, but that part is all stock.
yeah mine is all stock. The DW looked like its was a steering damper. So if you hear of anything else let me know. thanks.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Rear drive shaft u-joints
2006 2500 QUAD CAB-AUTO-5 INCH TURBO BACK-JACOBS EXHAUST BRAKE-BUMPER TO BUMPER AMSOIL-BUCKSTOP BAJA-BUSHWACKERS-CFM+-COLD AIR INTAKE AMSOIL4510-SMARTY JR.--STAINLESS 6 INCH TIP-5 INCH ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT -STAINLESS WIRE MESH GRILL-CAB LIGHTS-WHORE RED-391RWHP-704TQ
BIGREDMACHINE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDMACHINE View Post
Rear drive shaft u-joints
did you have this problem with your truck? and if so did it fix it?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I had a vibration at 50mph and the dealer did the torque converter/flywheel change and it still had the vibration. They checked the u-joints front and rear first and they looked ok. After all that work they went back to the rear u-joint and replaced them and that was the end of my vibration. I think the u-joints would have been a easy fix but they warrantied this and the work was for free.
2006 2500 QUAD CAB-AUTO-5 INCH TURBO BACK-JACOBS EXHAUST BRAKE-BUMPER TO BUMPER AMSOIL-BUCKSTOP BAJA-BUSHWACKERS-CFM+-COLD AIR INTAKE AMSOIL4510-SMARTY JR.--STAINLESS 6 INCH TIP-5 INCH ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT -STAINLESS WIRE MESH GRILL-CAB LIGHTS-WHORE RED-391RWHP-704TQ
BIGREDMACHINE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I have 53K on mine, and just had the same issue vibation and squeaking at low mph. Changed the rear driveshaft U-Joints and it was solved. If you do this yourself, be ready to deal with the injected nylon around the cups! I used a torch to melt mine.
2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 5.9L Cummins with 4 speed Auto, Quad Cab SLT Thunder Road with Jake Brake, 5" turbo back Cat Delete FBD exhaust, Edge with Attitude, 2"HBS leveling kit and Tekonsha P3 brake control.
mud sweat and gears is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud sweat and gears View Post
I have 53K on mine, and just had the same issue vibation and squeaking at low mph. Changed the rear driveshaft U-Joints and it was solved. If you do this yourself, be ready to deal with the injected nylon around the cups! I used a torch to melt mine.
so you did it your self and you had to melt it off? did you have to put another nylon on?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Your new U-Joints will come with the proper retaining clips. I recommend getting a high quality U-joint with grease fittings. When you melt out the nylon be careful not to over heat the drive shaft or yoke, as they will warp on you.
2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 5.9L Cummins with 4 speed Auto, Quad Cab SLT Thunder Road with Jake Brake, 5" turbo back Cat Delete FBD exhaust, Edge with Attitude, 2"HBS leveling kit and Tekonsha P3 brake control.
mud sweat and gears is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Junkie

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Moved to 3rd gen powertrain

2010 3500 C&C 4X4 ;EBY Built Flatbed ;H&S Black Maxx; DPF/EGR Delete; S&B CAI;South Bend CAISDD3600-GK,

Ohio Coal Rollers
Cumminsforum.com
TVtruck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.