Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brownfield, Texas
Thanked 169 Times in 135 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Tensioner doesn't need to come off, if you didn't note how the old one came off you should be able to google a routing diagram. The procedure goes as follows:
1. Remove tension, slip old belt off of alternator.
2. Tangle old belt in fan and various pulleys.
3. Cut old belt with pocket knife.
4. Hold new belt in position, slip bottom side around crank pulley
5. Tangle new belt in various pulleys
6. Double check diagram to make sure belt is tangled correctly, it is not
8. Repeat until belt matches diagram
9.Route belt around everything but alternator
10. Hold tension on tensioner
11. Slip off, bust knuckles, make up cuss words
12. Hold tension on tensioner again
13. Slip belt around alternator
14. Release tensioner
03 2500, 6 spd, 4x4, leveled, 315-70R-17's, BHAF, A-1 studs, Hamilton 181/210, SMARTY, Amsoil bypass,ATS exh man., Fluidampr, Airdog, 09 steering, KC's on top, DDP 50HP Inj's, Garrett Stg 2, Jake Brake, OASIS XD4000, 10 gals of tanks, shocker XL's