Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Idling rough

463 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mhoward 
#1 ·
So I left KC yesterday morning and the truck ran wonderful! Fueled up in Sioux Falls and drove on to Murdo,Sd where we spent the night.Got this morning and topped of at the Pilot truck stop since we where headed for the Badlands Nat Park. When we pulled up to pay I noticed it idling rough,runs great on the road but when I stop its just idling kinda funny.It has a Fass on it and drained a little water ouf of it ànd it seemed to help for awhile but now its doing it again.When you drain the water separator do you let it run until nothing else will come out? I have drained 3x and filled a 24oz bottle with what came out looked like water and did not have a oily feel to it but what I drained the 3rd time definitely smelled like fuel.

#3 ·
Thanks thats what I figured! This is my first diesel do I drain the ws until nothing comes out? When it seems like its done and I go to close the valve more comes out . I am using Rev X summer additive

#4 ·
And call that last fuel station you filled up at and give them a heads up they may have water in their tank. This might help you in the long run if you end up having more issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.