Pac brake low hold bck - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Pac brake low hold bck

Just bought an 04 and it came with a pac brake remote mounted. You can pull toggle and hear brake turn on but when slowing down it doesnt seem to hold the truck back at all. What could cause this?

2000 Quad Cab Short Bed 2500 Auto: Weston 6x.013, borg warner S369xe, Homemade intake with AFE filter and AFE intake horn, 5in. straight pipe to homemade 6in diamond stack, Quad ADR. 1000/4k, Air Dog 150, built auto, and soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:05 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,920 Posts
Remote mounted exhaust brakes are not as effective as turbo mounted. They take longer to engage due to the larger volume of space between the EB and the engine, and they dont seem to offer the same retarding power. But that said, there may be something wrong with yours and I'd suggest giving Pacbrake a call.

'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd w/Fastcoolers, Mag-Hytec, EZ, RV275's, 4" w/o muffler, South Bend, Steering brace, aFe, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, FP, and EGT on pillar, Westach Trans/Diff temp gauge in dash pod, Raptor 100 w/ 1/2" line, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000, 285's
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Ok. I kind of figured remote mount wouldnt be as efficient but this is no more than what not having the EB on does. Ive been in others that were much better. Ill give them a call tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2000 Quad Cab Short Bed 2500 Auto: Weston 6x.013, borg warner S369xe, Homemade intake with AFE filter and AFE intake horn, 5in. straight pipe to homemade 6in diamond stack, Quad ADR. 1000/4k, Air Dog 150, built auto, and soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Diesel Freak

I have a PRXB PacBrake mounted in-line and it works just as well / the same as when I had a turbo mount. I don't notice any lag in it's operation between the two. I had to go to the in-line set up when I went to compounds. I would think something's up with your set up/install. Like you said, give PacBrake a call, their service is top notch. Good luck.

04 QCSB 4x4 auto 2500 / MBRP4"duals/HP Tuner -by Firepunk/Fass 150/ II 62/474, ARP 425's /Edge Insight CTS/ 3.5"T.G.C.lift w/steering upgrade/Red Head/ TOYO AT II's Extremes 35's/XD Revolvers 18x9/ PRXB PAC exhaust brake.

'12 TDI Jetta 6spd.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Cummins Nut

I have the PRXB PacBrake that I moved from the back of the turbo down the the bottom of the downpipe. I did this when I installed my compounds and it works the same in the new location as it did hooked directly to the back of the turbo. You may have an exhaust leak between the brake and the turbo.

2006,six speed, EFI live by cummins tuner, arp head studs, banks cold air intake with ram scoop, cummins tuner he351/s475 compound, leveled, 35's, amp power steps, muffler delete, isspro ev2 fuel rail pressure, boost and pyro gauges, southbend dd 3250
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Well turns out the vband where turbo and downpipe connect is leaking which is why brake is working poorly. Problem is it is so rusted on there i cant budge it

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Well for the life of me i cant get the turbo to downpipe connection to stop leaking. I have the clamp on there super tight and everything looks like it lines up finr but still leaking like crazy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode