Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Need Help KY!!

958 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  nhill0212 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

So situation.
My truck was running fine 06 Mega(see sig) it was fine when I left. My wife was driving it no issues. Then it started starting weird like it wouldn't start off the key. I have a push button bypass rigged up externally already (due to weird starting issues before) so she just used that. Now the truck has nothing she turns on the key and the check engine light flashes fast and the CP3 clicks with the pulses. I read somewhere that it could be a power issue, had my wife check cables and throw the charger on it. Still nothing. Now she is driving my 6.0 and its giving her issues as well. This is all she has to drive. I am currently deployed and wont be back till Christmas so i think you can feel the pain on this one. We don't have a ton of money to tow it to a shop and pay 90$ an hour for them to walk all over her. I'd be willing to pay someone knowledgeable if they were able to come look at the truck and fix it, or if its an easy fix (my wife is somewhat mechanically inclined) could you explain to me what to tell her. I appreciate it in advance. Thank you

Also as an edit, the tranny was out recently by the stealership, so im thinking maybe they didnt hook something up right, maybe a ground? had the wife check for anything loose or not connected but she there isnt anything out of the ordinary. Tranny was out due to a mess up by them on the front pump

See less See more
#4 ·
not sure on voltage, she put 2 new batteries in. so i dont think batteries are the issue. I am also saying the same with a loose ground, so i had here check the grounds on the batteries. I also had her look for anything that the guy just didn't tighten. what stumps me is that it was fine, started getting worse then just stopped. So i don't know if something burnt up. I will also have her check for codes.

#11 ·
There is really not a lot of info on what the cluster really does. I found out that it sends all the info to the overhead console among other things, that I can't remember. In the end it is basically a pcm that controls the anti theft, seat belt chimes and other things in the 06. I hope others will call me out if I'm wrong, because I would like to know more about it

#12 ·
So as to update it, The wife found where a wire on the Pass side had been frayed halfway up, ground..... dont ask how. Had her cut it and put it back together. truck starts fine now..... but the damn alarm goes off when you open the door. I read they were designed to do it when the truck is in reverse and such as a safety feature, but why would it do it now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.