whats the best way to remove these engine ???? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
whats the best way to remove these engine ????

lift the cab , or remove the oil pan and pickup tube ????

how long you guys think it takes to do an engine swap on these trucks ??? with air tools ,a forklift, and everything necessary to perform the job , and whats a good price to pay for labor ???

seems real easy ones all the radiators coolers , core support, and hood are removed

Last edited by MIKEHKS; 11-11-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: wrong word
MIKEHKS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
engine removal

I am no expert but I have had to pull mine twice in the last year and it is very doable without removing the cab. My best advise after getting the all the radiator and coolers out, motor mounts loosened and oil pan unbolted, remove the oil tube (4 bolts attach to block) let drop in pan, raise motor up and slide pan out, this will give you much more room and you dont have to worry about damaging the pan. Take that for what its worth, like I said Im no professional, just had to perform my own labor. Good luck.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wont playwell with others

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,688 Posts
i pull the head off makes it lighter and easier to get out
rpage is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Heck that's to much trouble, pull the front end off, unhook the wires and lines, and pick it up and out in one piece with the pan on. Mine slide right out with everything intact.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Heck that's to much trouble, pull the front end off, unhook the wires and lines, and pick it up and out in one piece with the pan on. Mine slide right out with everything intact.
looks tight in there to remove it with the pan on , but if you did it , ill try it , thanks
MIKEHKS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

The only tight spot is the the cross brace between the crash bars, but it comes out fairly easy. With it out of the way its all simple
Old 11-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokez View Post
I am no expert but I have had to pull mine twice in the last year and it is very doable without removing the cab. My best advise after getting the all the radiator and coolers out, motor mounts loosened and oil pan unbolted, remove the oil tube (4 bolts attach to block) let drop in pan, raise motor up and slide pan out, this will give you much more room and you dont have to worry about damaging the pan. Take that for what its worth, like I said Im no professional, just had to perform my own labor. Good luck.
Thats how i did mine its not hard at all and the way they made the pan makes it easier to do it this way. I left my hood on and just took out all of the coolers, takes about 3 and 1/2 hours to 4 1/2 to get it all out.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.