Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Injector ohms

17K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  markeddy59 
#1 ·
Had a 201 and I think a 2145 or 6 with a 73 and 107. Ohmed injectors and harness. Harness good. #1 injector Ohmed different than others. Should I go ahead and replace the injector? My first diesel and I love my truck. Hate not being able to drive it. 07 ram 2500 quad cab lwb 4×4.

#3 ·
The resistance needs to be measured with a MEGGER when the solenoid is powered. Ohm test is weak, but can be a good place to start. Its not definitive.

#4 ·
A MEGGER is used to check the insulation resistance between the solenoid and ground. You wants to see it in Mega Ohms.
The ohm test checks the resistance of the solenoid.:wink2:

#5 ·
Here is info from Bosch training:

Isolation Resistance test and Resistance test

Connect lead 1 to the outside steel casing of the solenoid. Connect terminal 2 to one of the solenoid terminals. Set the FSA 50 to the 100 Volt setting, the resistance should be greater than 1K ohm. If its less than the 1K ohm , the solenoid has an internal short and must be discarded.
CRIN Resistance values
CRIN1: 310-420 mohm @20C
CRIN2-3 : 215 – 285 mohm @ 20C

#7 ·
Pulled directly from their training slide.
5.9L injectors are CRIN
duramax and 6.7L are CRIN 2-3

#11 ·
possible you have a leaking crossover tube, especially if you only pulled out one injector, and now it wont start...or the injector is at fault, easy to confirm. just block off that injector at the fuel rail and see if it starts, if it starts you have a fuel leak at that injector

#12 ·
after trying everything else, I have resorted to ordering 2 new keys. REALLY cheap on ebay, by the way. Going to get them cut, take truck to dealer to have them flashed and keep my fingers crossed. I really hope this works because I've been miserable without my truck.

#15 ·
We've pretty much all had that feeling at one point or another working on trucks, hang in there. As mentioned earlier go through and trq all tubes andtry the block off test. Also what does your rail pressure reach during cranking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.