Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Eaton 13sp

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  db72106 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a eaton 13sp into 3rd gen? If so which one did you use and what all part did you need?

#2 ·
Interesting prospect for a towing only pickup. I do not know for sure but I'm assuming the Eaton would need an SAE bellhousing adapter plate, and of course clutch related components. Also you can't just bolt a transfer case to it, so I'm assuming you want to put it in a 2wd? If its the 06 4x4 in your sig then it would be a huge hassle trying to deal with a divorced transfer case.

While I think it would be cool, I don't think it would be practical.

#4 ·
all of the 10 speeds i have drove use air to go from high to low. but i do feel like i can shift those faster then the G56

#5 ·
Maybe you can message this guy and find out how he did it:

I love the first comment on the video: "Nothing like shifting 46 times to pull out of the driveway." :lol4:

Reactions: slpcrf450x
#6 ·
That's an RT-6613, which is a medium duty transmission and physically smaller and lighter than the a normal 13 speed in a class 8 truck. I've seen and drove a few behind both the 5.9 and 8.3 in medium duty trucks. The Eaton-Fuller medium duty transmission line consisted of the RT-610, RT-613, RTO-610, and RTO-613, and the later revised RT-6609a, RT-6610, RT-6613, RTO-6610, and RTO-6613. The RTO series consisted of a 0.80 overdrive, the RTs are direct in the final gear. The 613/6613s were nothing more than a 610/6610 with an additional gearbox to give a deep reduction option for three extra crawl gears, where as a normal 13 speed uses a two speed gearbox to split the upper range gears only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.