Help! Blowing oil out of the crankcase breather - Page 5 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by massmayhem View Post
if you are "making" oil, your oil level is increasing without actually adding oil, it is a sign of leaking injectors. but if you have oil coming out of your crankcase vent, it is a sign of bad rings. the ring damage may not be bad enough to cause damage to your cylinder walls or the motor hasnt been run long enough for cylinder damage to be present yet. the oil gets pushed out when your turbo is boosting, the extra pressure goes past the bad rings into your crankcase increasing the pressure inside there enough to push out oil.
Or the oil/fuel mix is simply coming out of the crankcase breather tube because there's too much of the oil/fuel mix for the crankcase to hold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattingly View Post
Or the oil/fuel mix is simply coming out of the crankcase breather tube because there's too much of the oil/fuel mix for the crankcase to hold.
telling me if i'm wrong, but would that not require there to be enough oil/fuel in the crankcase that it is filling up into your rocker cover and thus leaking out the crankcase vent, seeing as the crankcase vent in on top of the rocker cover. sounds like an awfully large injector leak for that to be possible. i don't think the engine would even run if the injectors were leaking that much.
'05 3500 QCLB, NV5600, MBRP Dual Exhaust, Cat Delete, CFM+, DPS Exhaust Manifold, Fuel Rail Capped, II 125HP Sticks, Smarty UDC, AutoMeter Gauges, HTT 64/65/13 over s480, FASS 95/150, Hamilton Cam Rods & Springs, bored .040" over plus extras
massmayhem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

and wouldnt the crankcase and rocker cover be pretty well 100% filled all the time? if that were the case?
'05 3500 QCLB, NV5600, MBRP Dual Exhaust, Cat Delete, CFM+, DPS Exhaust Manifold, Fuel Rail Capped, II 125HP Sticks, Smarty UDC, AutoMeter Gauges, HTT 64/65/13 over s480, FASS 95/150, Hamilton Cam Rods & Springs, bored .040" over plus extras
Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
telling me if i'm wrong, but would that not require there to be enough oil/fuel in the crankcase that it is filling up into your rocker cover and thus leaking out the crankcase vent, seeing as the crankcase vent in on top of the rocker cover. sounds like an awfully large injector leak for that to be possible. i don't think the engine would even run if the injectors were leaking that much.
Tell that to the many people who've had an injector stick open/crack whose trucks were still running. Do a thread search and you'll see that many people who've had this happen to them are told the first thing to do is stop running the truck...... probably something they wouldn't need to be told if the truck wouldn't run.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
and wouldnt the crankcase and rocker cover be pretty well 100% filled all the time? if that were the case?
Not necessarily as long as the injector was just leaking/sticking, and not cracked.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Well I will be tearing into my truck in 2 weeks. This is the stuff I am goin to do.
Gaskets, bearings, rings, blah blah all the stuff to fix it.
Fun Power Goodies
90 or 120 injectors, haven't made up my mind yet
Arson III kit
helix 2 cam
Arp headstuds
110 valve springs
Triple A pod gauges
Turbo?? I think I'm gonna try to run twins using stock and s400. Theres a really long thread on this setup.
And a SB double disk to hold my new power.
I can't wait to get it done!!!
05 QC SB 6spd G56, II 66, 2nd gen PDI, Airdog II 165, 4" ex, smarty S-06, Homemade CAI, Arson III, New bosch cores w/ Intengrity 90hp tips, Helix 2 cam, Rebuilt Head, ARP, F1 valve springs, South Bend DD 3600 w/ hydro upgrade, Di Procol Boost, EGT, Fuel Psi
LiViN-4-SpEeD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

wicked! alot of goodies goin on at once. let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Will do! Oh and thanks for the help Mayhem!!
05 QC SB 6spd G56, II 66, 2nd gen PDI, Airdog II 165, 4" ex, smarty S-06, Homemade CAI, Arson III, New bosch cores w/ Intengrity 90hp tips, Helix 2 cam, Rebuilt Head, ARP, F1 valve springs, South Bend DD 3600 w/ hydro upgrade, Di Procol Boost, EGT, Fuel Psi
LiViN-4-SpEeD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.