Auxillary transmission cooler - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Auxillary transmission cooler

Need to replace the little tranny cooler that mounts on the side of my engine. Its made by behr and i cant seem to find one. Any one know where and bout how much? Pls Help.
03 cr. Ats tranny,silver 62 turbo,copilot,ats exhaust manifold,industrial modified cp3,flux 3s,schied diesel cam, Hamilton springs and pushrods,banks cooler and high ram,juice with attitude,smarty revo tnt,fass150,4" lift, 35" toyo mt.
toplinedog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hello toplinedog,

It’s a Torque Converter Cooler/ Heat Exchanger Part #5086946AA supersedes to #68004317AA. I’ve already gone through 2 already. I was in the same situation as you and just purchased a used one a week ago from another member. The last one I purchased new was from reliablegoods.com for $200.00. But I can’t seem to get there web page up.
Here are two other alternatives for new ones but at a steeper price.

Dodge Ram 5.9L 24V Cummins Diesel Torque Converter Cooler

Chrysler Parts - Chrysler Auto Parts - Dodge Parts - Dodge Truck Parts - Jeep Parts - Jeep Auto Parts - Chrysler Dodge Jeep Auto Parts shipped worldwide
2006 Cummins Quad, 3500 Big Horn Edition, AFE Stage 2 Air Intake, Banks High-Ram manifold, Banks Intercooler, Aero exhaust, Smarty, 60hp Nozzles, AirDog 150, Fleece 351 Cheetah, gauges, 2 in leveling kit with 35 inch tires
deputy dodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hello deputy dodge
i just blew one of these in my 06'. do you know if its a common problem, i havnt been able to find anyone else with it. our local Cummins dealer has it for $335 but can't get it til March!, no answers from the dodge dealership either (twice the price though!). i'll try the places u mentioned. did u have any tranny issues? i have coolant in the tranny and vice versa, not good. thanks
Nichtar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Can you bypass it?
03 305/555 2500 QCLB Sport AFE intake ?exhaust? Smarty s06 4in superlift 305 terragrappler Phantom 2 gauges Mopar reman HEAVY Duty transmission Tank mounted lift pump Mopar design 03to07 front conversion bumper headlights grill fenders firestone air bags reese elite 5th wheel/gooseneck
98.5 2500 QCLB AFE intake ?exhaust? Edge Juice Banks Gauges 47RE with 48 hard parts and a triple disc converter and DTT valve body 8'6" western plow and 2 yard salt sander 01 sport bumper and grill air lift air bags
NYMustang50 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

yes you can. you will see longer times to worm up the trans also see some cooler trans temps. I have bypassed mine and installed a 16 pass cooler with a fan. I see 135 to 150 on the road and raises 170 in stop and go traffic
06 5.9 black pearl mega cab 3500, EFI LIVE by anarchy, 4:11,ring mia, baffles mia, 285/75/17 Goodyear duratracks.
Weapons set to condition 1. Semper fi
xtrm-s10 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrm-s10 View Post
yes you can. you will see longer times to worm up the trans also see some cooler trans temps. I have bypassed mine and installed a 16 pass cooler with a fan. I see 135 to 150 on the road and raises 170 in stop and go traffic
Hey XTRM-S10,

I got a similar truck and I trying to drop the engine and trans temperature while towing. (41' 5th wheel), specially climbing. Would you mind sharing your trans cooler setup? Did it drop the transmision temp? How much?

thanks
falco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by falco View Post
Hey XTRM-S10,

Would you mind sharing your trans cooler setup? Did it drop the transmision temp? How much?

thanks
x2 thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

yes, Im also subscribing to xtrm-s10's setup! lol

Thanks
06 4x4 auto QC,BilletTrans,Fass150,II85%CP3,fleece cheetah63/65,II 100hp sticks,GDP 6.7 lines upgrade,ARP Studs,GDP Rail Conversion Kit,S&B,EFILIVE,35''Toyo,Bushwacker Pocket Style,spearco,Autometer(5),TurbSmart BOV w/controller, 636/1150rwhp, CARLI
RHurricane200 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

interested as well, my neighbors truck same as mine and his just went, got water in the transmission. I think a bypass would eliminate this. yes/ no.
thanks
Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Mine is broke, looking at options anyone done bypass that can suggest one way or another to progress ??
Old 03-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Bump bump
Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm going to be putting a 47rh in my truck and taking my nv4500 out. Any suggestions for cooling?

If I could get away without having to put the cooler on the side of block, it would probably be much easier
Cumminspower9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.