which power adders are best? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
which power adders are best?

As I said in my other post, I put a 5 inch lift and 35 inch tires on my 3500 4x4 automatic. Now it can barely pull my 30 ft. toy hauler. I am going to put a tuner on it along with intake and exhaust. Does anyone have any experience with the banks big hoss system and the edge juice with attitude or bully dog? I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who have any of these systems and some of the different cat backs and intakes as well.

i would rather get some advice before i spend alot of hard earned money.
bufordTjustice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

dont go with Banks its too much $ for what you get.
2005 3500 HD 4x4 CDT auto/with custom TPS VB srw AFE stage II DDP injectors (70 hp )Quadzilla STD Rokktech sensor 4'' turbo back exh EGT Boost Trans guages 402 hp 749 tq on the 60hp setting w injectors
syndicate is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

bump, anyone else?
bufordTjustice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

fill out your sig so we know what you have. If you want a good all round chip the Quad std box is great. Its a quick install and the customer support is awsome. I have had mine now for approx 40 000 kms and I love it. When I go my injectors the truck ran even better.
2005 3500 HD 4x4 CDT auto/with custom TPS VB srw AFE stage II DDP injectors (70 hp )Quadzilla STD Rokktech sensor 4'' turbo back exh EGT Boost Trans guages 402 hp 749 tq on the 60hp setting w injectors
syndicate is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 03:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Smarty highly recommended. I don't regret anything about it.

Cumnspwr
Old 10-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

i love the awesome power of the bullydog triple pup...lot's of power and low end torque...check them out....www.bullydog.com :thumbsup
Old 10-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Module for your truck

Scorpion Stinger Module. Great Entry Level Performance and best in class HP/Cost. 30 day test-drive included. We fully guarantee each module sold and sponsor this site as well.
Scorpion Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

1. Tst
2. Probably the smarty.
3. Bully Dog Crazy Larry.
4. MP-8
5. Edge EZ

This is just my opinion based on what I have run on my truck or my friends trucks...
Luken is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luken View Post
1. Tst
2. Probably the smarty.
3. Bully Dog Crazy Larry.
4. MP-8
5. Edge EZ

This is just my opinion based on what I have run on my truck or my friends trucks...
Smarty - safe

BDDL - better get gauges and a transmission - it gets HOT and will slip the crap out of a stock transmission

MP8 - great box

EZ - great box little extra kick

TST - BY FAR MY FAVORATE!!! Lots of adjustments, awesome mileage, and enough power to do whatever you wnat to do, and as you upgrade other parts you can tune the TST up a notch
Old 10-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Only in a HEMI

Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,030 Posts
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
TST is at the top of my list also.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
Smarty - safe

BDDL - better get gauges and a transmission - it gets HOT and will slip the crap out of a stock transmission

MP8 - great box

EZ - great box little extra kick

TST - BY FAR MY FAVORATE!!! Lots of adjustments, awesome mileage, and enough power to do whatever you wnat to do, and as you upgrade other parts you can tune the TST up a notch
I don't understand why you talk so bad about the BDDL?? I know you think its the reason that your full suncoast tranny crapped out but even with the smarty that you say is safe you still need gauges and a tranny. I haven't tried the Smarty yet but I have been around a modded truck that has compared both and there is no difference in EGT's. When your running tons of fuel with a single its going to get hot. tst/smarty or tst/bddl still pegs 1600 going down the track even with the big singles...

I'll go out on a limb. If you plan on running a BDDL, Smarty, or tst (all on the higher setting of course) your asking for it if you don't have gauges and eventually you will roast a stock tranny or clutch.

The bully dog program that I have has already roasted a full billet ATS and full billet DTT. Not saying that it can't happen to the others...

BTW, I run my truck with tq management turned off probably 80% of the time with no problems yet.

I completely agree that the TST is by far the most adjustable *best* box out there... I just hate the automated phone system they have now
Luken is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Rather than jump in with a tuner, I'd start with correcting your final drive ratio.

Find a gear/tire calculator, and look at what it will take to get your final drive where it was to begin with. This will tell you what diff gears to stick in there. Having the proper gears will cause less strain on the rest of the drivetrain as well.

http://www.kabamus.com/garage/gears.html

Here's one.

Starting with a baseline of consistent OEM type of power will net you better results later on.

Since you're towing with that rig, why on earth did you lift it and put on bigger tires?

If you can't do something smart, do something right.
Gummi Bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.