Aurora 5000?? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Aurora 5000??

Will my truck be able to spool an Aurora 5000? Note that I don't have anything done to my truck yet but right after I get my Aurora on I'm getting a Smarty S06 with custom UDC tunes.
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 24 Valve Cummins with NV56000, Valair Dual Disk #3800 Plate Load, Valair Heavy Duty Hydraulic Assembly, Smarty S06 With UDC Custom Tunes, AutoMeter C2 Series Gauges, S&B Cold Air Intake, MBRP 5" TBE, Fass Titanium 150
CumminsRacetruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blah

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Where do you live? Elevation will be a factor in how well it will spool

Special thanks to Lance and the crew at 4Play Off Road and Diesel Performance https://www.facebook.com/4playoffroa...ocation=stream
golfsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfsnow View Post
Where do you live? Elevation will be a factor in how well it will spool
A few hours north of Philadelphia
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 24 Valve Cummins with NV56000, Valair Dual Disk #3800 Plate Load, Valair Heavy Duty Hydraulic Assembly, Smarty S06 With UDC Custom Tunes, AutoMeter C2 Series Gauges, S&B Cold Air Intake, MBRP 5" TBE, Fass Titanium 150
Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

What do you plan on adding for fuel? To run it as a single I'd say 150's and duals or a stroker are a minimum.
Pfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blah

Should be okay, I'm assuming you're fairly closeto sea level there plus with the manual you can drive in the RPM range you need versus an auto.

Special thanks to Lance and the crew at 4Play Off Road and Diesel Performance https://www.facebook.com/4playoffroa...ocation=stream
Old 11-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Blah

What do you use the truck for? There may be better options for you depending on your end goal power wise.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
What do you use the truck for? There may be better options for you depending on your end goal power wise.
It's my first diesel build and I'm gonna use it to race. Yes I understand it's a manual but I find it more fun to drive. I want to do all of the basic stuff first but just need some help with the order in which I complete the stuff.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

IIRC the specs on that are 71/83/.9 so should spool with some custom tuning and 120's or bigger (with the right pump(s) to support said injectors). FWIW I'd look at the FMW s467 from borg warner, cost less than the A5k and probably make the same power, or more as the A5k is based off the old K31 design.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

6.4 Cummins
Black Diesel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blah

If you haven't found the sticks at the top of the performance section yet I would recommend checking them out. Here's a link to a good what on basics: Basic / Supporting Mods. Do some reading and set a goal, it will save you money in the long run.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
If you haven't found the sticks at the top of the performance section yet I would recommend checking them out. Here's a link to a good what on basics: Basic / Supporting Mods. Do some reading and set a goal, it will save you money in the long run.
Thank you! That's a big help. So basically I just go down the list and make a checklist?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Blah

Yes once you've set a goal power wise, you will probably have other questions as well...if you use the search function you will likely find your answer if you don't ask away.

The Following User Says Thank You to golfsnow For This Useful Post:
CumminsRacetruck (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Yes once you've set a goal power wise, you will probably have other questions as well...if you use the search function you will likely find your answer if you don't ask away.
Thanks man I appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.