What can a EDGE CTS see stock? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What can a EDGE CTS see stock?

So besides all of the power upgrades and being able to read codes, what can an EDGE monitor? I want to use it as a set of gauges, but I was wondering what it can do without drilling into and splicing a bunch of wires.
Can I see all of these parameters without tapping into anything?

- Backdown %
- Engine Load %
- RPM
- Speed MPH
- Throttle position
- Transmission Lock
- Transmission Slip
- Intake Temperature
- Boost

I know that the - EGT needs a hole drilled and a thermocouple installed
Can I add a Tranny Temp as well? I didnt see that option on their web site.
2004.5 QuadCab Shorty, 48RE, 6" Superlift, 5100's, 37" Disco Muds, Edge-EZ, Edge Insight CTS, 4"MBRP TBE, 2nd Gen Manifold, AFE prodry Filter, n-Fabs, Leer 100xl, Yakima Racks, Front hitch, V-LED HID's, DuraFlaps, Bushwacker Flares, Custom Dents...

Last edited by dieselninja; 01-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
dieselninja is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I'm curios if it'll read actual oil pressure?

Believe they read fuel rail pressure, correct? On an '07 anyways?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
MO chapter Vice President

Yes! Along with coolent temp, and barametric pressure. Edge does NOT require the splicing of any wires. But my older additude moonitor will not read oil press , rail press, trans temp, or do any code reading.

Sent from my LS670 using AutoGuide App
05',4x4,slt,EDGE hot,SNOW mpg/max,ATS;intercooler:ex.manifold:billit trans:flexplate:5-star converter,BANKS;high ram:monster exaust,Kat mia,Keystone"ram air"hood,AFE stage II,AIRDOG 165,TOP GUNZ leveled,MAXX links,NITTO 295's,mystery switch,HTT 62/65/12,

Last edited by danb359; 01-18-2012 at 11:37 AM.
danb359 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The parameters below are what the Edge CTS Insight is capable of monitoring.

Barometric Pressure, Battery Voltage (Insight Only), Boost, Calculated Load, Corrected Speed, Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Speed, Fuel Level (Insight Only), Fuel Rail Pressure, Gear with TCL, Intake Air Temp, Manifold Air Pressure, Mileage Coach, MPG Instant, MPG Average, Throttle Position, Time 0-60, Time 1/4 mile, Trans Temp, Vehicle Speed

Meyer Performance is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

OK so it will read Fuel Rail Pressure, coolent temp, and barametric pressure without drilling and tapping into anything... anything else?

I would of imagined that RPM's and Speed would not have needed a special sensor or probe...

What is engine load and backdown?
2004.5 QuadCab Shorty, 48RE, 6" Superlift, 5100's, 37" Disco Muds, Edge-EZ, Edge Insight CTS, 4"MBRP TBE, 2nd Gen Manifold, AFE prodry Filter, n-Fabs, Leer 100xl, Yakima Racks, Front hitch, V-LED HID's, DuraFlaps, Bushwacker Flares, Custom Dents...

Last edited by dieselninja; 01-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator aka BOSS

Thanked 3,122 Times in 1,981 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
it can see your boost, IAT, transmission lock you are asking about in your original post.

I know on the 68RFE transmissions it will read trans temp, I'll have to check what else it says for other parameters

Before you post, ask yourself if this is going to add to the value of the thread?

04 F350 CCLB Cummins swap in progress
SOLD-08 Megacab longbed dually
SOLD-03 QC/LB 4x4 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkles View Post
The problem is that common sense isn't so common anymore...
JWH_03_Dodge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
MO chapter Vice President

Call EDGE thier #is 1-888-360-3343

Sent from my LS670 using AutoGuide App
05',4x4,slt,EDGE hot,SNOW mpg/max,ATS;intercooler:ex.manifold:billit trans:flexplate:5-star converter,BANKS;high ram:monster exaust,Kat mia,Keystone"ram air"hood,AFE stage II,AIRDOG 165,TOP GUNZ leveled,MAXX links,NITTO 295's,mystery switch,HTT 62/65/12,
danb359 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

On mine it will also read trans temp.

Backdown % will not be used on your truck unless you have the Juice as well. When running a power level above stock, when you have the backdown set up (boost and EGTs), the Juice will detune itself 'back to stock' as it approaches your set points. 50% backdown would mean that power output is ~ half of whatever level you have selected; 100% backdown is no additional power and you are back to stock output. It is good for keeping EGTs in check while towing a hill.

Engine load is some equation it uses to determine power output of the engine. 100% engine load would be the engine making all the power it can. I displayed this PID for a little bit right after I got the truck; it showed 47% load when I climbed a steep hill runnin 75 while empty. It was useless to me so I pulled up something else.

The CTS CAN display oil pressure BUT you will need another part from EDGE to do it. I looked in to it but determined that running an analog gauge was the cheaper route.
2005 2500 QCLB, BigHorn, 48RE/3.73, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer, GDP 20/2 fuel filter on the frame, ISSPro EV2 Oil and LP Pressure in the cubby hole, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace (yes it helped with wandering), Hella 550 lights in place of the factory fogs
STONR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONR View Post
On mine it will also read trans temp.
No probe needed?

Here is the list as of now of what can be monitored simply by plugging into the OBD2

-Fuel Rail Pressure
-Coolant temp
-RPM's
-Speed
-Boost
-Intake Air temp
-transmission lock

So all I would really need is to drill and tap for my EGT's... I like it.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselninja View Post
No probe needed?

Here is the list as of now of what can be monitored simply by plugging into the OBD2

-Fuel Rail Pressure
-Coolant temp
-RPM's
-Speed
-Boost
-Intake Air temp
-transmission lock

So all I would really need is to drill and tap for my EGT's... I like it.
Yes all You would need to do is drill and tap that. you can also get other sensors so the possibility's are pretty much endless. but i do have 3 other gauges in a pillar, sometimes the ECM can lie depending on what kind of tuning you have, for example i can get up to about 45lbs boost but the CTS will max out at 38 because that's all the ECM sees.. Be sure to get the expandable EGT probe so you can expand if you want to.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Delightfully Ginger

CTS does a great monitoring job, I wished it offerd fuel psi.

Thanks to:Firepunk Diesel, Farmtruck Diesel,Alligator Performance,
Blackout Diesel Performance
Woosley is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselninja View Post
No probe needed?
Nope, no probe needed. The computer already can read the trans temp so you are just pulling that info from the OBD2 port!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosley View Post
CTS does a great monitoring job, I wished it offerd fuel psi.
As in my previous post, you can add on extra sensors (pressures, temps, ect) look on the EDGE website for there add-on plug in deal (Compatible with optional Edge Accessory System (EAS) to allow users to connect multiple, additional accessories).

So, you could monitor LP or oil pressure, differential temp, ect.
2005 2500 QCLB, BigHorn, 48RE/3.73, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer, GDP 20/2 fuel filter on the frame, ISSPro EV2 Oil and LP Pressure in the cubby hole, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace (yes it helped with wandering), Hella 550 lights in place of the factory fogs
STONR is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to STONR For This Useful Post:
Dodge_trucks12 (03-24-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.