CP3 Bag-O-Parts - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
CP3 Bag-O-Parts

I was wondering how the the bag-o-parts would help my truck if I'm only running an Edge juice w/ attitude, and possibly stacking a bully dog in the future. I'm not planning on getting injectors higher than 90's if I get any at all.
Any info would be great
And why call it a bag when it comes in a box?
03Cummins18 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Save the cash, also be careful when stacking the bullydog and edge they both add timing! People have had problems with the bag-o-parts from II lately. Just go with a larger cp3.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
ESP
Diesel Freak

if you're getting larger than 90's, it would be best to go with a larger pump like stated above. however, if you decide to stick with 90's or smaller use the arson 3 kit instead of the bag-o-parts.
2005: 3500 SRW : NV5600 : autometer factory match boost, pyro, rail, fuel pressure: K&N CAI tube/AFE filter : factory cat, muff delete : FASS titanium 150 : south bend DD 3250 : CPP traction bars : BD TD CL : 5% all around
ESP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
First off, the bag-o-parts or any cp3 kit for that matter, is not going to gain you any hp unless you already have injectors.

If you still have stock sticks, a higher flowing cp3 isn't going to do a thing.

The reason people get cp3 kits is so that their cp3 can keep up with aftermarket injectors.

If you plan to do 90hp sticks, then I would say forget about the bag-o-parts (a lot of bad reviews) and look into an arson III. It's about the same price and a better kit.

Also, if you are going to do 90s and an arson III, think about getting a turbo. Your egts may get pretty hot with that EJ w/ A and a stacked bully dog.
2005 QCSB | MTD Built 48RE | Smarty UDC | Edge Insight CTS | AFE stg 2 | Muffler Delete | GDP 2MK Big Line | 2.5" level | Gauges | Bushwackers | Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5 | MTD Traction Bars | CD Steering Box Brace | Maxx Links
CantStopCummins is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
I have the bag o parts. I did notice a differance. but i too will be in the market for a pump in the future. programmers and nozzles are a lot for the bop, my opinion. If your going to get one, prob arson best bet. I grabed the bop for a reasonable price and couldnt pass it up
05/qdcb/4x4/g56/4.5in lift/35's/18''wheels/CL2.4d,/EZ/Quad bf/2micron filter/big line kit/Rp150/II BOP/4040xl/AFE Stg2/Ats ex mani/3'' Banks high Ram/Isspros/ValairDD/425's/+60's/Silver62/561HP/999TQ@ NEPD SOLD
cumminsrocks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopCummins View Post
First off, the bag-o-parts or any cp3 kit for that matter, is not going to gain you any hp unless you already have injectors.

If you still have stock sticks, a higher flowing cp3 isn't going to do a thing.

The reason people get cp3 kits is so that their cp3 can keep up with aftermarket injectors.

If you plan to do 90hp sticks, then I would say forget about the bag-o-parts (a lot of bad reviews) and look into an arson III. It's about the same price and a better kit.

Also, if you are going to do 90s and an arson III, think about getting a turbo. Your egts may get pretty hot with that EJ w/ A and a stacked bully dog.
Only thing i disagree on is the first 2 sentences. Youd be supprised how you can drain the rail with say..CrazyLarry and with it stacked with EZ like i have. Cp3 kits will help keep rail psi up, even with stock sticks.
05/qdcb/4x4/g56/4.5in lift/35's/18''wheels/CL2.4d,/EZ/Quad bf/2micron filter/big line kit/Rp150/II BOP/4040xl/AFE Stg2/Ats ex mani/3'' Banks high Ram/Isspros/ValairDD/425's/+60's/Silver62/561HP/999TQ@ NEPD SOLD
cumminsrocks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Well I'd love to just got and get new injectors and a new pump real quick but I can't afford that haha.
I was wondering about the bag-o-parts or the Arson II kit to keep my rail psi up at WOT. I'm thinking about the Arson II kit more, isn't that the first step to a modded CP3?

Last edited by 03Cummins18; 01-13-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: iPhone is a .
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
ESP
Diesel Freak

Do you have a rail pressure gauge and are you sure your dropping rail pressure? With what I'm running I have no issues holding pressure 100% stock pump.
2005: 3500 SRW : NV5600 : autometer factory match boost, pyro, rail, fuel pressure: K&N CAI tube/AFE filter : factory cat, muff delete : FASS titanium 150 : south bend DD 3250 : CPP traction bars : BD TD CL : 5% all around
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I once my chip gets in. Edge has sent the wrong one 3 times. If they do it again I'm getting an upgrade to the CTS haha. But like I said I have just heard about the arson II kit was a good way to go for having a chip and for later on down the road.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
ESP
Diesel Freak

If that's all your running for fuel you'd be better off saving your penny's for a larger pump down the road. You won't see much if any gain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.