2007 5.9 injector help needed - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2007 5.9 injector help needed

I think my injectors are failing on my 2007 mega cab. The truck has the 5.9 with a bully dog tripple programmer. I am looking to buy injectors and kind of make an upgrade at the same time. Whats the best for the buck? Also do I need to replace the nozzles as well? Thanks in advance for the help.

Gary
2007silverbullet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

look into II's nozzles if you get stock injectors, but if you want a stage 2 injector i would go with II's 60hp over kit kinda pricey but cant beat the quality and performance and you can reman if you want to save a buck or two.
coophdd06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gear Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007silverbullet View Post
I think my injectors are failing
Why do you think they're failing? What symptoms are you seeing?

Quote:
I am looking to buy injectors and kind of make an upgrade at the same time.
Good call, what budget do you have? If you're talking about getting higher flow nozzles, you'll probably need other mods to support it unless you just want to make black smoke all the time and have poor power output. Fill out your signature so we know what we're working with here.

Quote:
Whats the best for the buck? Also do I need to replace the nozzles as well? Thanks in advance for the help.
Depends on your objectives and total budget and other supporting mods already installed. If you're talking about upgrading injectors, you'll either buy new/reman injectors and swap nozzles or buy a set that include the upgraded nozzles.
AirDog II DF-165 (P551315/BF1275) / GDP Canister Delete / Bosch 505 - Stock Tips (Replaced @ 112,381 mi)
Autometer / JVC / Polk Audio
Best Tanks: 16.6 towing / 23.92 unloaded hwy / 23.2 city
TX_Dj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

well, I have 2 codes : P2149/ and P0206

I have the trouble shooting sheets that came from ALLDATA for those codes

P0206- Injector #6 Control Circuit
P2149-Bank 2 (cylinders 4-6) Shorted High or Low

I have not done any of the electrical trouble shooting ( had had a plate put in my ankle 2 weeks ago from a ATV race accident). The truck will start, but there is no power, and before this it would drive but had still no power and was pouring smoke.

I dont wanna get crazy with the upgrades, just something modest. I use the truck for pulling the sleds up north and other things all over. So I want this truck to stay reliable. My brother built the trans for me, so I know that any power I put to it, it shouldnt have a problem there.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gear Nerd

Those codes can be as simple as a busted wire in the wiring harness... but not always/usually.

I'd say unless you're either gung-ho about doing some upgrades or the injectors have a ton of miles on them, do your electrical diagnostics first (when able) and dream and research in the meantime.

Please do fill out your signature though (User CP on the black bar near the top near the center, then "Edit Signature" on the left side) to let us know what you already have.

You running auto or manual?
AirDog II DF-165 (P551315/BF1275) / GDP Canister Delete / Bosch 505 - Stock Tips (Replaced @ 112,381 mi)
Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Technical Sales BD Power

You should also take the Bully Dog out of the system to make sure it isnt a problem with it causing the issues. It could be a broken wire, bad connection or an injector problem. Do you run a fuel addative? Sometimes if you have a sticky injector this can help them as well.
www.turbocharger.net
www.facebook.com/BD.Diesel.Performance
800-887-5030 xt 101

2003 Chevy 2500 (I know I know)
Pat@BD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

I Havent really done mch with it as of trouble shoot or addatives, but I will try that with in a few weeks. The truck is an automatic
Old 09-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gear Nerd

The reason I ask is because you'll need upgrades in the transmission if you want to get a little more powerful. Manual owners have it easier, they can upgrade their clutch. You automatic guys have it a little rougher, you can put some power thru the stock setup, but a hair too much and hair too often, and you'll be looking at an unexpected and sudden repair bill. Better to budget ahead and get it done right.

I totally agree with Pat@BD too, pull the tuner out of the system and see if the problem goes away. Also check all connections and make sure there's no corrosion on the harness plugs and stuff while you're at it. Sometimes it can be a simple bad connection, sometimes it can be a simple chafed/broken wire, sometimes it can really mean an expensive repair.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

I tried to update my sidnature, but it may not have worked... I have the trans built, pretty much every uprade I could do to that thing at about 45k on it. My older brother has a trans shop, so I have that advantage to my automatic.

Thanks for the help guys. I am getting my staples out tomarrow, but I will still have a cast on. Its only been about 3 weeks since the surgery, so I dont really wanna climb around under the hood yet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.