want to make my truck faster - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
want to make my truck faster

k guys so i got my truck about 3 months ago so i dont know much about diesel trucks i used to drive a lexus gs 350 before this lol, i got myself a 2006 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins i have k&n intake and str8 back exhaust and a diablo sport, with 24 inch rims , idk if the guy that had it before me did something to it but my turbo sounds incredible it is super loud.

i want to make my truck faster and idk what else i should put on that would make it run better i was thinking of ordering the power puck and an aftermarket intake manifold if anybody got any other suggestions pls let me know i wanna spend as little money as possible but squeeze as much power out as possible
joseramentoljr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Congrats on your purchase of the new truck... I suggest you start reading... On this forum there is gobs and gobs of info on everything you have asked.. Good luck!

The search function is a great tool.
joseramentoljr (07-01-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

that guy probably removed the silencer ring on the turbo...

is it an auto or man? if auto, look into upgrading the trans first!! if manual, a good clutch is all you need!
after that then get EFI live (they just came out for your truck...still waiting them to release one for my 03), airdog fuel pump and maybe an arson kit (cp3 upgrade)...then a bigger turbo...then injectors...2nd gen manifold...cam, springs, studs....i can go on and on and on and on............................depends when you want to stop. and if you're like me, it will be hard to stop!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Third Fist Of Justice

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Smarty for ur programmer, intake, Aroson 3 kit, and a airdog/raptor/fass for ur fuel pump... But u need to uprgrade ur Tranny FIRST so it can handle the new found power!!! Welcome to The Forum and to the ADDICTION!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Norris For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Leave it stock! Once you start the mod game you can't stop it...
Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

put a duramax in it
Old 07-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Jet boosters makes um fast
Craig_C is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lol thank u guys for all the suggestions but I'm still a little lost with all those names u guys gave me lol how can I make my car smoke like the one in smkhzrd picture thats my fav thing about.duallys leaving the traffic stopped cause they can't see lol, if u guys can pls explain to me what the aroson 3 kit and ect pls I don't mean to bother much
Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
AMM pioneer

You just opened a whole can of worms with the smoke question...
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Lol y is that Drew G.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
CF Administration

Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,738 Posts
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseramentoljr View Post
Lol thank u guys for all the suggestions but I'm still a little lost with all those names u guys gave me lol how can I make my car smoke like the one in smkhzrd picture thats my fav thing about.duallys leaving the traffic stopped cause they can't see lol, if u guys can pls explain to me what the aroson 3 kit and ect pls I don't mean to bother much
Just leave the smoke subject alone. Its a bad image for us. With the power comes smoke.. Focus on the power and making that power clean.

The ARSON is a kit available through motorsport diesel that is a basic DIY cp3 mod. In a nut shell it has larger internal diameters on the external bolt on parts of the cp3 to allow for more fuel flow. This is needed if you decide to program the truck. The extra fuel volume supports up to a 120hp injector nozzle while keeping rail pressure within specs.

Need an old thread unlocked? PM ANY Moderator or Admin with a link and request to bump the thread. Old threads time out and auto-close.

Are you a vendor interested in sponsoring one of our Ride Of The Month contests in exchange for free home page advertising? PM me!
THE STIG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS

Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,710 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
You are not gonna get away with goin cheap... this is the most expensive hobby compared to any motor sport upgrade out there. Save up, read.. read.. read.. read! Learn about the stuff before jumping into any of it!

Say no to AMSOIL cheerleaders!
cummins04.5handshaker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.