homemade air intake - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
homemade air intake

i was reading awhile back on here and someone had made an air intake out if pvc pipe they had a parts list of everything you needed to build it can yall help me out thanks
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Yeah, I can help with that. I wrote one a while back, it is in the tech articles. I will try and find the link for ya. Here is the one that I wrote up Custom intake w/Eaau 4090 amsoil filter - A
04.5 ctd cc, auto, 4x4, 2" leveling kit, Quad Commander, Walbro 392 Custom, Smarty Programmer SW3, Afe torque tube, EAAU 4090 air filter, All lubes synthetic amsoil, Muffler gone, Nasta s.s. nerf bars, Access Tonneau Cover NEWEST ADDITION - 2001 qc, auto, 4x4 lb
josterbauer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

search no more this was the one i was looking for thanks alot by the way how much does it make that turbo whistle :thumbsup
Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

It will get a lot louder. I built this one, and could not believe how much it made the trubo sing.
04.5 ctd cc, auto, 4x4, 2" leveling kit, Quad Commander, Walbro 392 Custom, Smarty Programmer SW3, Afe torque tube, EAAU 4090 air filter, All lubes synthetic amsoil, Muffler gone, Nasta s.s. nerf bars, Access Tonneau Cover NEWEST ADDITION - 2001 qc, auto, 4x4 lb
josterbauer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

homemade intake

This may sound silly but is there any advantage to make the pvc intake tube but leave the stock box? I have the amsoil drop in filter and really don't want to spend the extra $$$ right now on buying the cone filter. Give me your thoughts. Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

the only benefit from doing the tube is more singin' (intake baffle removal) and possibly increased air flow if you go with bigger tube. i went with 4" inside diameter pvc and a 4091 filter. you shouldnt see much if any performance increase...