5inch exhaust installation? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
5inch exhaust installation?

im going to put a 5inch straight pipe on my 05 Cummins and i already have it 4inch straight no cat and no muffler. Where is the best, cheapest and easyiest to install 5inch straight pipe kit i can get? I was hoping it would be possible to get a kit with littlest welding required due to the fact my wire feed was stolen. but an exhaust kit i can clamp togather and then bring it over to have it welded some place after i install.

what would sound better duals 5inch with 8 inch tip? or single with 8inch tip?
assaultrmk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Piggy Piggy

iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Farm Boy Diesel my friend that's what I got and love it the price is great and I don't think anyone makes a 5 inch dual kit I know a 4 inch they do but go with 5 for sure and don't let NO one talk you out of that 8 inch tip I got a 7 wish I would had went with a 8 my self..people well give ya crap about it but I like em

Two 06's one Strokes and the other one Cum's

The Smarty's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybrain View Post
EFILive... stacking is soooo 2011.
WVcummer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by assaultrmk View Post
im going to put a 5inch straight pipe on my 05 Cummins and i already have it 4inch straight no cat and no muffler. Where is the best, cheapest and easyiest to install 5inch straight pipe kit i can get? I was hoping it would be possible to get a kit with littlest welding required due to the fact my wire feed was stolen. but an exhaust kit i can clamp togather and then bring it over to have it welded some place after i install.

what would sound better duals 5inch with 8 inch tip? or single with 8inch tip?
why 5"?? you don't need it for cooling with those mods?? just for sound?? well diamond eye makes a good bolt in kit and Diesel Performance Parts Power Chips Duramax Exhaust Kits Suspension Air Intakes sells them for a good price.... as for an 8"tip lol that's all you good luck
built2workcummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

hell yeah! i love the 8 i got it on my 4inch straight!
assaultrmk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Piggy Piggy

iTrader Score: 18 reviews
I had a guy seriously ask me one day if my 7 was a coffee can lol..And yea a 5inch is more for souNd it dose keep egts cooler not a lot but that and the sound put together it is worth it and plus if you do more mods where you may need that little bit of egt cooling.I don't have the link for the farm boy kit like I got but look it up cheapest one I found

Two 06's one Strokes and the other one Cum's

The Smarty's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybrain View Post
EFILive... stacking is soooo 2011.
WVcummer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcummer View Post
Farm Boy Diesel my friend that's what I got and love it the price is great and I don't think anyone makes a 5 inch dual kit I know a 4 inch they do but go with 5 for sure and don't let NO one talk you out of that 8 inch tip I got a 7 wish I would had went with a 8 my self..people well give ya crap about it but I like em
FBD is the way to go personally i went with no tip. Just a factory look but to each his own.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Stock 2002 5.9 Cummins

Only mod done to it right now is a 4 inch straightpipe, came with the truck, but I have always had the question of, will a 5 inch exhaust fit on a stock 2500? Does this fit up right with the stock turbo? I love the look of them, really interested in one, but still have unanswered questions.
Nulph101 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I have a 5" back system, but i cant stand the huge tips. I went with a 5" polished stack essentially as my tip. Just looks cleaner to me since all you can see without crawling under the truck is shinyness lol

2003 4x4 QCSB- White-'Dual Cp3 w/Wicked CP3, BMS 100hp, 62/475 Twins, Hamilton P&P Head O'Ringed w/ Springs and Pushrods, Built Suncoast Trans, Walbro Fuel System, HTT I/C, BTR 3 Core, and UDC by Gecovey_@_Coffman_Customs
DieseLife is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulph101 View Post
Only mod done to it right now is a 4 inch straightpipe, came with the truck, but I have always had the question of, will a 5 inch exhaust fit on a stock 2500? Does this fit up right with the stock turbo? I love the look of them, really interested in one, but still have unanswered questions.
Yes, a 5" exhaust will fit under your truck...and yes it will bolt right up, just like your current exhaust does. You may want to slide your spare tire over just a bit (if it's still under the truck), but my 5" Flo~Pro fit with no movement of the spare.

I put 5" exhaust on my truck because that's what I wanted. The sound is deeper than the factory 4", and with the 30" FTE resonator there is no drone in-cab, & the raspy Common-Rail sound is gone. Do I need 5" exhaust? Heck no...but I like it! And I installed it in my garage, tightened all the clamps up, then took it to a buddy of mine to tack weld the seams so nothing comes loose. No problems!

As another option, check with Wally at FTE diesel. Prices are good, shipping was prompt, & the resonator works awesome.
SOLD -- 2006 2500 Megacab | Garmon Stage II 48RE | Flo~Pro 5" TBE w/ 30" FTE | Fabtech 4.5" | Pro Comp Xtreme AT 35x12.50 | Fuel Maverick 20x9 | Carli track bar | Custom Diesel steering box brace | ISSPRO EV2 gauges | WeatherTech floor liners
tinman23 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.