Wicked's Stocker/S474 + 120's = Good Setup??? - Page 5 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCj View Post
nice! How long did it take for the install?
Well it took us 8hrs, but that's only because Murphy's Law was in full effect I'm pretty sure that we misplaced every bolt and every tool in the garage at least five times I tore an O-ring on the second drain line while placing it in the block and had to go to the hardware store to get another one.....that alone took an hour. We just made a bunch of stupid little mistakes that we wouldn't make the next time around. I'm confident that the next time we could have everyting together in about 5hrs.

I just want to make clear that all the mistakes were on my end. Like I said before, all the parts in Shane's kit fit exactly where they were supposed to fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf350 View Post
SOOOOO glad everything worked out good---

It's also good to hear some people listen to advice........... i'm glad you did.. you willl be smiling for a long, long time.

Yeah Joel, I pretty much decided on this compound kit because of all the great things you had to say about it. I want to thank you for the great advice and taking the time to answer my questions as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

here are some pictures

I sent my stock turbo to Shane and he worked his magic on it

Here's a couple pictures of the S474

Side by Side of both turbos

Finished Product

Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
Motorsport Diesel

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Alot of guys like to over do things, a properly matched setup will provide better day to day performance to satisfy most of those thinking they need more.

The HE351/S400 compound kit is super nice performing setup. When you match it correctly in a package with our Level 3 CP3 and our 120 nozzles it is a proven combination, that does not break the bank and is a joy to drive. We have done several of these same packages, all the customers were ecstatic with the performance the setup provided. They are reaping the rewards of better fuel mileage and a longer living engine due to reduced egt's as well.

Jesus Saves John 3:16 I once was wicked, but now I am saved

Real common rail goodies that you can't get just anywhere/2200 bar pressure relief valves that flow huge volume/2200 bar rail pressure sensors/ Exergy injector services/ CP3 pumps from daily drivers to single pumps over 1200 hp potential (for real)/ custom high pressure manifolds with multi ports for relief valves and sensors/Engine parts and more
Motorsport Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Motorsport Diesel For This Useful Post:
GhostRider7 (04-20-2010)
Old 04-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #52 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Shane do I need to send my factory turbo to you before you get done with my set?
Thanks, Randy
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #53 (permalink)
Motorsport Diesel

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanram View Post
Shane do I need to send my factory turbo to you before you get done with my set?
Thanks, Randy
We offer the service that we did to smoke19d's turbo, as we have several others. We remove the covers, clean and coat the turbine housing, slick up the compressor cover and coat it, enlarge the wastegate port and reassemble with the correct clocking position. It takes about 4 hours of shop time to do it all.

Jesus Saves John 3:16 I once was wicked, but now I am saved

Real common rail goodies that you can't get just anywhere/2200 bar pressure relief valves that flow huge volume/2200 bar rail pressure sensors/ Exergy injector services/ CP3 pumps from daily drivers to single pumps over 1200 hp potential (for real)/ custom high pressure manifolds with multi ports for relief valves and sensors/Engine parts and more
Motorsport Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #54 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED DIESELS View Post
Alot of guys like to over do things, a properly matched setup will provide better day to day performance to satisfy most of those thinking they need more.

The HE351/S400 compound kit is super nice performing setup. When you match it correctly in a package with our Level 3 CP3 and our 120 nozzles it is a proven combination, that does not break the bank and is a joy to drive. We have done several of these same packages, all the customers were ecstatic with the performance the setup provided. They are reaping the rewards of better fuel mileage and a longer living engine due to reduced egt's as well.
The EGT drop is beyond impressive, I don't even need to watch my guage anymore. I'm actually learning how to drive the truck again because I find myself downshifting to keep my EGT's in check whenever I no longer need to do so.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke19d View Post
Well it took us 8hrs, but that's only because Murphy's Law was in full effect I'm pretty sure that we misplaced every bolt and every tool in the garage at least five times I tore an O-ring on the second drain line while placing it in the block and had to go to the hardware store to get another one.....that alone took an hour. We just made a bunch of stupid little mistakes that we wouldn't make the next time around. I'm confident that the next time we could have everyting together in about 5hrs.

I just want to make clear that all the mistakes were on my end. Like I said before, all the parts in Shane's kit fit exactly where they were supposed to fit
Oh ok cool that's not bad at all. This is killing me because I'm saving up for a kit right now then tax times comes and kicks me back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED DIESELS View Post
We offer the service that we did to smoke19d's turbo, as we have several others. We remove the covers, clean and coat the turbine housing, slick up the compressor cover and coat it, enlarge the wastegate port and reassemble with the correct clocking position. It takes about 4 hours of shop time to do it all.
How much does this cost to do? After doing all this to the turbo is an external gate just a waste of money? I was going to do my kit with a tial 44mm waste gate I talked to you about it before and you said I could send it to you.
04.5 2500 4x4 qcsb sport laramie, built 48re, BD flexplate, Goerend triple disc 900/400, pxrb, fte resonator, hushpower, Optix, Airdog II 165, Smarty tnt, Quad X2, Ride-Rite, Spool aid, S&B elbow & intake box, GDP Air Boss intake plenum, 285s.
PatrickCj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #56 (permalink)
A Couple Diesels

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Yeah Joel, I pretty much decided on this compound kit because of all the great things you had to say about it. I want to thank you for the great advice and taking the time to answer my questions as well

I'm so HAPPY for you!!!
I want a ride some time!

8hrs for install -- very good-- pretty much what it took me (esp never doing it before)

Quote:
here are some pictures

I sent my stock turbo to Shane and he worked his magic on it

Here's a couple pictures of the S474

Side by Side of both turbos

Finished Product

looks real good........ SOOOOOOOO how easy is it to roast the tires now? dont even have to think about it- do you? lol

one suggestion(s)- manifold blanket and turbo exhaust blankets and maybe connector pipe blanket
IMHO- while alittle PITA to put on- for under $300 the heat reduction is incredable ! I can race my truck (6 hot laps) and still be able to put my hands on the manifold/ around the exhaust housings without any worries of being burnt.
levi is a good guy- ( get the black colored ones- they hide the oil/dirt better)

Turbo Performance Products

ps- Shane nice work- glad i could steer him in your direction
smarty,fass/11.32@ 121fuel11.18@124.8
06 2500 5.9 ST /BD twins/Goerend/raptor 587/1150
04dodge 2500- actually stock
Fast-Diesels.com
"Joel is too fast to be on CumminsForum now."
jsf350 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #57 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf350 View Post
I'm so HAPPY for you!!!
I want a ride some time!

8hrs for install -- very good-- pretty much what it took me (esp never doing it before)

looks real good........ SOOOOOOOO how easy is it to roast the tires now? dont even have to think about it- do you? lol

one suggestion(s)- manifold blanket and turbo exhaust blankets and maybe connector pipe blanket
IMHO- while alittle PITA to put on- for under $300 the heat reduction is incredable ! I can race my truck (6 hot laps) and still be able to put my hands on the manifold/ around the exhaust housings without any worries of being burnt.
levi is a good guy- ( get the black colored ones- they hide the oil/dirt better)

Turbo Performance Products

ps- Shane nice work- glad i could steer him in your direction
Hey Joel I'll give you a ride sometime only if you give me a ride in your monster some time too By the way congratulations on breaking into the 11's!!

Tires go up in flames at will

I'll check out those blankets, I actually just burnt my hand yesterday while adjusting the wastegate on the secondary
Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #58 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCj View Post
Oh ok cool that's not bad at all. This is killing me because I'm saving up for a kit right now then tax times comes and kicks me back down.
Nope, it wasn't bad at all. Good luck with saving up the money because you're gonna love them when you finally get them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.