Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New CP3 Options

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  b_owens33 
#1 ·
Hey everyone been needing a new pump for a little while now mine is getting tired. Mine will only hold 15kpsi with box smarty tunes and holds 23k with udc tuning to not be so harsh on the fueling. Reason i mentioned that is i was wondering if an ATS dual cp3 kit might be a good option or if it wouldn't be worth it. Using the current pump i have plus the kit and a new/remaned dmax lb7 pump.

Second option would be single pump and just go for a fleece CP3k pump. Not looking for much more then 600-650 in my end goals so with cp3k from fleece i'm pretty sure it would be able to achieve those numbers. Would it be better to just go with the single cp3k or go for duals with my current pump for an everyday driver? I don't want to run into more problems so if having duals causes a reliability issue then I'll go with the single. Thanks

Edit: I didn't mention a 10mm or 12mm because of the pricing and fact that i'm not going for 700-1k+hp.

#2 ·
I have similar power goals I'm going with single because of simplicity and 650 is all I would ever want/could use as a DD/tow rig

I've been looking at the fleece and dap 33% 10mm stroked but haven't heard to much about the dap yet.

#3 ·
a good healthy stock CP3 can hit around 700hp. im pretty sure i am over 600hp (not much more) on my stock CP3

#4 ·
I have an exergy 12mm and I wish I would have went dual fuelers, for whatever reason it has a hard time keeping up with my 100% overs with the FCA held open a bit more than halfway, which is as hard as I want to work the pump for longevity reasons.

That being said, throwing another pump on top of the one you have will limit your high rpm fueling, as any stock pump will fall off quickly when turning 4K+ rpm. Doesn't matter how many you have stacked on top of each other.

So ask yourself where in the powerband you want to make power, and how much of it. For the op goals I'd go dual fuelers. I have a hard time finding people with burnt dual cp3 controllers these days.

#8 ·
I would call and talk to todd at T&C diesel, I just talked to him yesterday. pretty smart guy and he custom builds pumps for all kinds of different power levels/goals

#9 ·
I'm running the Fleece power flow 750, which is a 10mm pump. It was reasonably priced, and doesn't fall off at all. I'm only pushing 670+ HP on my DD tune, but I'm sure it would support more if needed.

#10 ·
Contact Todd at TC Diesel for all your pump needs. A stock cp3 can't keep up with a 700+hp truck, nor would it be efficient.

#11 ·
10mm and 33% pumps are built a a Bosch Authorized facility. Lots of good buiders out there.

#12 ·
What kind of high RPM testing (flow and durability) is done to the pumps you are selling? Also, do they run the stock FCA or a modified one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.