Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ats duel pumps

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  cux211 
#1 ·
Just installed the ats twin cp3 kit with fleece fuel block/ fitting & line kit. Everything went well until test run time where you relocate the rail press sensor to the top pump was spraying fuel like a banshee entire engine bay fenders windshield what a mess. Pulled the sensor inspected it and the adapter fitting that came in the pump reinstalled torqued and no good spray everywhere. Pulled a sensor from a truck that was at the garage and it sealed, installed mine in the other trucks rail stock position no leaks what the hell. Has anybody come across this before? Has there been any issues with ats's adapter fitting? We were stumped it made no sense. Going to call ats tomorrow morning and talk to them about it see if I can talk them into sending me a spare adapter fitting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
#3 ·
same thing happen to me. First installed the pumps and checked for leaks before I test drove the truck and all was good. The first time I got into it I got a check engine light and smelled diesel. Pulled it apart and checked everything and reinstalled it and tighten the hell out of it and no more leaks.

#4 ·
Ok thanks bud we tried retorqueing several times no good. I ordered a new sensor and trying to get a hold of ats to ask about that fitting

#5 ·
does anyone happen to know the specs on that fitting I.E. size on both ends and torque spec

#6 ·
Well got a new adapter fitting from ats a new rail sensor that wasn't needed and damn thing will not seal when you shut the truck off poof big ball of fuel mist I'm about to give up rip it all off and go with a single stroker pump and eat a 2 grand loss

#9 ·
No pics but it's pretty cut and dry it's a new kit and where the rp sensor screws into the adapter on the top pump won't seal

#10 ·
do you think the adapter might be NPT pipe threads and the sensor is not, or vice versa?

#11 ·
No those sensors don't seal with the threads it's a metal to metal flat seal in the bottom

#13 ·
It's not that type of connection the adapter going to the pump is fine it's the adapter to rp sensor that won't seal its not made to seal by the threads like a pipe thread it's a flat service to flat service crush type seal

#15 ·
Won't work on the rp sensor then there'll be a gap between the the sealing service of the sensor and the adapter

#18 ·
Jeff from ats emailed me and wants me to try a few things so as soon as I can I'll give that a shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.