60 hp or 90 hp injectors - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
60 hp or 90 hp injectors

My stock injectors just took a crap on me and i want more powerful injectors now. What would be better 90 or 60???
03 Fass 150, II 33%, II 60s, Hamilton 110 Springs & Pushrods, Spool Aid, ATS ArcFlow, ATS Subzero IC, ATS Stage 4 Tranny, HE351/Aurora 6K, Doghouse Diesel 1-piece Driveline, BD Boost Fooler, 8 Autometer Phatom, H11 Headstuds, Pinnacle Exhaust, Wicked Bypass, Smarty UDC by Coffman Customs Soon: Floor-it Stage 2 CP3, Flux 2 injectors

My Build
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3r...tle-build.html
Black03cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shiftin Fool

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I know that the 90hp injectors i ran were great. got decent mileage and added plenty of fuel, i made over 600hp with mine on a stock CP3.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
What about adding more air with the bigger stix?? Won't the egt's be higher with the bigger stix without moving more air??
'05 2500 SLT QCSB 2WD-SMARTY SSR-INGLEWOOD RE-BUILT ATS w/GOEREND CONV.& V.B.-5''TB W/ TWIN 6'' BLK. AUSSIE'S-ARP's-TW. T.-SPRGS./P.R.-AM lite GUAGES-QUAD RP GUAGE-DIY LAD.BARS-DIY BY-PASS-+MORE..BASICALLY ALL ''STOCK'' (wink-wink) CA diesel smog law
mpracehemi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shiftin Fool

Egt's will be a little hotter but as long as he's not going with anything bigger than a 90hp injector he sould be able to control them. but i do agree a turbo would sure help cool things down.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

so would i be better to get the 60's then? Im not planning on a bigger turbo, just depends on how much power i get out of the injectors?? Im gonna be getting a 26ft to 32ft camper and i just want more than enough power to pull it!
03 Fass 150, II 33%, II 60s, Hamilton 110 Springs & Pushrods, Spool Aid, ATS ArcFlow, ATS Subzero IC, ATS Stage 4 Tranny, HE351/Aurora 6K, Doghouse Diesel 1-piece Driveline, BD Boost Fooler, 8 Autometer Phatom, H11 Headstuds, Pinnacle Exhaust, Wicked Bypass, Smarty UDC by Coffman Customs Soon: Floor-it Stage 2 CP3, Flux 2 injectors

My Build

Last edited by Black03cummins; 05-25-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

cuz ultimately all im looking for is more power for towing thats pretty much it and just more power for playing!! If i got to the 90's i either need a bigger turbo or a larger intercooler to keep my EGT's down huh??????

My Build

Last edited by Black03cummins; 05-25-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Subscribed, because I wan't to know the same thing. My dad pulls a 38 footer with his 05
2000,4x4, quad, 285 Disc. AT's, XZT+ to big hoss level 5,banks high ram,banks wastegate,100hp injectors,4"tbe,TAG,ranch hand,leveling kit,triple disc TC, Transgo Tugger VB, trans,pyro,boost,fuel press gauges, BHAF, FASS 150 Titanium
jason is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I also have a question about that on my 05. I was looking at the DDP website and you can buy the injectors with the 50hp nozzles for $2950. but I was looking and you can buy the injector stock replacements for $387 and the 50hp nozzles for $849. My question is how hard is it to take the stock nozzle off and put the 50hp nozzle on, and is it still reliable to do it that way. Because if I can do it that way I would be saving almost $1700. Or is it better to buy them pre-assembled.
twisted 59 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wyoming BAMF

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I think that the difference is that with the new injectors from DDP you are getting the new stainless steel bodied injectors. Injectors can make or break your truck, trust me i know, I lost one and melted a motor... Get the new ones the first time and save yourself a 10K rebuild... 1700 is pretty cheap insurance in the long run... also i believe the stock replacements are remaned stix
Old 05-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
thank you for the heads up. Do you know where I would be able to find a better deal. I just went to DDP because I know of them and wanted to price check. My truck is at 110k almost and I want to replace them just to make sure I am getting the most out of my motor. I am eventually going to do a turbo and manifold upgrade, so I thought 50hp injectors might be the route to go. Correct me if I am wrong please as I want to do this efficiently. eventually I want a 500+ to the wheels ride.
twisted 59 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

hey twisted,

give industrial injection a call, they have brand new reman injectors with 60hp or 90hp nozzles for $200 ea and of course a $200 core but thats refundable. A friend of mine has them and hasnt had one problem with them. They are good people over there.

My Build
Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted 59 View Post
thank you for the heads up. Do you know where I would be able to find a better deal. I just went to DDP because I know of them and wanted to price check. My truck is at 110k almost and I want to replace them just to make sure I am getting the most out of my motor. I am eventually going to do a turbo and manifold upgrade, so I thought 50hp injectors might be the route to go. Correct me if I am wrong please as I want to do this efficiently. eventually I want a 500+ to the wheels ride.
industrial injection is the route to go... heard of a few problems with ddp's... i.i. is good with the common rail engines, its their stuff... if your shooting for 500+ to the wheels, i would go ahead with the 90's. but if you tow a good bit they will run hot, deffinately going to need a turbo upgrade....
2011 3500, stock, 2003 QCSB 4X4 5.9 6spd, Smarty, Valair, K&N, ARP, Topgun, Autometer, 5" Stacks, Smoked Recons, KMC wheels, Cooper 35X12.50's, With enough get up and go to piss off your granny! Blacked Out And Engineered By Southern Smoke, And Dark Side Diesel!

CLICK -------> GEORGIA CUMMINS CREW
SOUTHERN SMOKE is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SOUTHERN SMOKE For This Useful Post:
wapwaps4 (08-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.