Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Sea monster build

77K views 551 replies 65 participants last post by  Defiler 
#1 ·
Figured I would start a thread for my build and go over what has been done and will be done. As for the goal, I am seeking a clean DD 750hp. Mods on the truck so far are: FASS 150, II 33% cp3 (JUNK), BBI stage 2 injectors, Anarchy second gen swap kit with stainless diesel manifold and 63/68/.91, 4" exhaust, Edge Insight, autometer boost and fuel (lift) pressure gauges, UDC by Ryan, and an upgraded 48re. I have a set of Hamilton 110lb springs, HD pushrods, and a set of 425's that will be going in shortly as I have been short on time. The parts on my list to get are: Fleece 10mil cp3 (new not reman), I would like to try out a Hamilton 188/220 cam, S475 to add to the 63 and may drop down to a 62 on the secondary depending on spool characteristics after the cam is in and tuning is adjusted accordingly, billet output in the trans and possibly a fat input as well. I am not as concerned on the input at the moment as my trans builder and I would like to see how far we can take my current setup. Thats it for now as its late and I probably missed some things but ill add to it later. Why not a few pics just because.

See less See more
#2 ·
Im in for information. Im installing same mani and turbo today with intentions on compounding it with a 475 or 480 later down the road.. good luck:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I have not had it on a dyno yet. At the moment I am just running stock tuning since I will be getting my CP3 very soon and I'll put all the parts in that I have for it. If I had to guess I would say 400 425 hp but that is a guess. I also forgot to add the lockup switches to my list.

#9 ·
You must have those bbi's detuned quite abit with your current setup. Any issues with egts with the 63

#10 ·
As of right now I am running stock tuning. I am amazed that the highest I have I have seen is 1225° on a long highway pull. I also hauled our skid steer to a job and had to go up some decent hills. I was actually amazed how manageable temps were.

#11 ·
Man that pretty good. I def need to get udc. Ive hit 1300 a couple of times on sw5. These bigger tires aren't helping either. Looking forward to the rest of the build

#12 ·
Small update, just got paid for some side side work that I did and will be ordering the cp3 early this week. I cant wait to get that and the other parts in to see how she will run!

#14 ·
Well got a little good news today for a future build. After I reach my goal, which I will because I like to see things through, I will be putting a 6.7 in. Long story short, our 08 at work went through a barn and is totaled out, and I made a deal with my boss for the engine and everything I would need for the swap. I can see that engine being built and running in 2-3 years. I am also not one to set a goal that is lower or the same, so this will be my chance to shoot for 1k.

#16 ·
Well a small update, called Cummins and got a new rocker cover seal, valve cover seal, and intake gaskets coming and should be here by tomorrow afternoon. I am taking my truck to the shop this weekend and doing my studs, springs, and pushrods. I didn't end up getting the cp3 when I wanted to as I was really hoping to get a dual kit from anarchy but it seems that my engine mounted apps is screwing me yet again.

#17 ·
Made some progress on the truck last weekend, got the head studs, valve springs, and pushrods in. Adjusting the overhead really quieted the engine down, probably should have done that a long time ago but its done now.

I also had an early birthday present show up this weekend. How did i know the perfect gift to get myself! Dual cp3 kit is next to install! I got this kit from a member on here and I was able to get 2 pumps from him as well with the kit. Stock 5.9 pump and stock Dmax pump.

I was pretty impressed with the pump bracket, PO fabbed it out of 3/8" plate since the ATS bracket he had was a little bit weak and liked to crack. I am actually going to have it powder coated before I install it.

#19 ·
Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, to you!! Happy Birthday, Dear SeaMonster......!!!

Happy Birthday, to you!!! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see how the duals look. Make sure you get us all plenty of pics! (since that's what'll keep us all here watching this build) :D

#22 ·
Yes it is coming along a little bit faster than I anticipated. I also am waiting to hear back from the guy I bought my injectors from as he may have a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft with 1480 joints for me. I will not let that one slip away if at all possible. I will have about 3k to play with from the trike sale so I have to find a few more goodies to play with. I guess I need to account for thanksgiving, Christmas, new years, and why not valentines day!

#30 ·
Oh I would if I could! But it sounds like I will be buying a second gen before I'm able to do the swap on the 4th gen!

Then I can do it on both someday!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.