Cummins Diesel Forum banner

lowest mile CR in north america?

4K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  koondawg 
#1 ·
I dont know why i didnt post it sooner. a guy who lives a few miles from me, has an '06 Mega Cab 3500 SRW, absolutely mint, with no more than 7,500 miles. When I asked him two months ago how many it had on it, he told me 7,000. He is absolutely anal about the truck. Upgrades are a 4in exhaust, Smarty, ATS tranny, and an S&B intake. I dont know why he put a tranyy when he barely uses the truck. Ill try to post pics soon. I think for the right price he'd be willing to sell. Truck looks showroom new.

Reactions: dieselnoob89
#2 ·
Sad story . Why even have a truck ? I guess some people have more money than sence .

#5 ·
This is sad but very true! I can't believe the amount of high school kids in my area into diesel trucks these days. They are mostly interested in the smoke show/attention that these trucks bring. Lets hope they learn how expensive it is to build a decent truck and go back to hondas! The price of a good diesel truck has increased by about 100% since i bought my 12 valve back in 08. Good luck finding something worth a damn for under 25,000

#4 ·
I talked to a guy that had a lifted 3rd gen with one of our transmissions. It had extremely low miles, it had a big lift and all he used it for was taking it to the dunes. Might be the same guy.

#6 ·
What in the hell is "rice" about caring for your truck and rarely driving it?? That's about the most anti-rice thing I can think of.

It's 9:05 AM MST time and we already have a nominee for dumbest comment for the week

#8 · (Edited)
I agree with stroke this. What's rice about taking care of your truck? My truck only gets about 2500 miles a year put on it. The ricers I see are drivin everyday and are raced everywhere they go. I take care of mine so it lasts and looks good when I do take it out nothing rice about that.

#7 ·
no, trust me, he wouldn't take this truck anywhere near the dunes lol. we get off of work at the same time, and when I pass by his house, hes wiping down the door sills, every afternoon lol. sad thing is it gets short tripped a lot, 3 miles to work, 3 miles back. ill try to get some pics of the truck and the odometer. anyone interested? I think for the right price hed let it go. I forgot to mention its also fully loaded, every option, and its 4x4.

#16 ·
ill try to get some pics of the truck and the odometer. anyone interested? I think for the right price hed let it go. I forgot to mention its also fully loaded, every option, and its 4x4.
Does he want you to try to sell it? Because you sure seem to be all about selling this truck. If someone takes that good a care of the truck, i don't think he'd want to sell it. If i had someone trying to sell my truck for me and i started getting calls or bugged about it, i would not be too happy. Unless he asked, id be minding my own business.

It was directed to people who buy these trucks because its the new hip, spend all this money in upgrades and treat it like a ricer. Not the heavy duty work truck it is.
This is America. If he has enough money to buy and mod the truck the way he wants let him. Who are you to tell him how to spend his money? If he likes diesel, and can afford it, hell let him. He clearly takes good care of it so i doubt he's out there rolling coal at every light. Who cares if he doesn't need it? You could say that about many collections or hobbies people have. Its their money, their time, let them do what they want.

#9 ·
First of all, my comment was not directed to people taking care of their truck and not using it as daily driver.

It was directed to people who buy these trucks because its the new hip, spend all this money in upgrades and treat it like a ricer. Not the heavy duty work truck it is.

I myself clean the truck often and spend money on it. Take care of it. Not saying that's rice.. To me this rice is people treating it likes it's an f150 blinging it out and having it purely because everyone else has one. If you don't need it or like the reliably of a diesel and performance. Stop making it harder for us and buy a chop stick tundra.

-remarks complete-

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: ATC
#15 ·
First of all, my comment was not directed to people taking care of their truck and not using it as daily driver.

I myself clean the truck often and spend money on it. Take care of it. Not saying that's rice.. To me this rice is people treating it likes it's an f150 blinging it out and having it purely because everyone else has one. If you don't need it or like the reliably of a diesel and performance. Stop making it harder for us and buy a chop stick tundra.

-remarks complete-
Not trying to argue, but what in the original post warrants any comment about "rice"? It has an exhaust, Smarty, ATS trans, and S&B intake...where is the "bling" factor you talk of? As far as we know, it looks 100% stock...

I also disagree with the "if you don't need it, you're rice" angle. That's complete bull

Reactions: Brandon214
#10 ·
Some people are into the trucks like other people are into show cars. I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger that I put away in the winter and as a rule only drive it on nice days. It has about 10,000 miles on it. Some people treat their trucks this way.

#40 ·
I thought I was the only one like this. I have an 09 Challenger with 8350 miles on it. Mind you the Mega cab has over 235,000 miles & almost as shiny as new. Some people take more pride in thier rides than others.

#11 ·
Diesel trucks in my area are "hip" mainly because you can jack them up with big tires and still get decent mileage without losing a ton of power. Try that will an f150 and it won't pull a greasy string out of a cat's @$$.

I don't DD my truck, I like to keep the miles off of it unless I tow or just want to take the family out on the weekend for nice drive. I love bangin' gears in the cummins.

#13 ·
Not extremely low, but I know a guy with an '03 dually with only about 31k on the ticker. He uses it to pull a big 5'er from MD to Myrtle Beach and back twice a year. Basically sits in the garage most of the rest of the time.

#14 ·
A guy in town has an 06' 2500 QCSB with only 6,000 on it.

He has an old rusted out 01' with 300k on it that is his main truck though.

#17 ·
Like you said this is America, I have the same right as him to just say my opinion. I was not directing my opinion directly to him due to the fact he is not here nor any pictures. It was a general observation based on the fact when I go to these truck shows I'm seeing it more and more. I love diesel trucks, just sad to see these trucks go to waste. Once again not saying anything about certain people cause seems people take it seriously here but as a diesel mechanic I'm seeing tons of under educated guys of diesel having one..

Example; had guy with 02 cummins tell me he had v6 cummins at a Walmart

Also at friends house, his roommate invited a guy with dmax over, big lift and all. We asked him what was done to is, he said "it has a sound system, idk about rest it came like that" sorry but if u don't anything about ur truck why you have it?

Rant over and hope no one gets upset over my rant. Like he said. This is America, god bless America! \../(>.<)\../

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#27 ·
Who cares if the guy doesn't know what all had been done to it. If he has the $ and likes it who care you have issues man!!! Or maybe your just jealous!

2012 3500 4x4 6 spd CC
H&S BLACK MAXX, H&S EGR AND COOLER DELETE, S&B CAI, 4"DIAMOND EYE TBE and more to come!!!

#21 ·
This is more than you could have bought this truck for when it was new.

#20 ·
As low of miles that those trucks have, doesn't mean the bank is willing to give you more money for a loan to buy one. If you buy a truck at least drive it and don't think of it as a making a profit when selling... Vehicles (newer, not some rare million dollar 1971 hemi cuda) depreciate regardless of miles. And I love reading the classifieds on people selling their used semi modded trucks, lets add every option at full retail to the total price hahaha!!

#28 · (Edited)
I paid 44k for mine in 2004. I had a Z06 that had some work done to it. Everywhere I went some guy was asking to look under the hood, or wanted to know what was done to it...it got old. I'd always say "I don't really know, it came that way when my dad bought it for me." They hated and I drove off laughing.

#33 ·
You must have paid full sticker price if you paid $44K. I paid $29K for the truck in my signature sticker was $40K.
Tim

#29 ·
Bought my '05 last summer with 19,500 on the odometer. Almost talked myself out of it concerned maybe it had sat up too long and possibly not been maintained. The belt was rotten and I had to replace the batteries but other than that it's been great :thumbsup: At the time I couldn't find anything in my area with less than 80k miles if you wanted to spend less than $30k. Wish I'd spent less so I'd have more cheese laying around for mods now :drool2::doh:

#31 · (Edited)
Hmmm...? Extremely LOW miles? New instrument cluster that wasn't updated via DRBIII Scantool? Truck may have 1,113,860miles on it, and the cluster went out? Or, it spent it's entire life sitting so that when it was started, the cylinder walls are "oiless" for a few seconds? Not to mention every seal starting to dry out? what about the amount of rust building up in the drivline/axles?

My neighbor several years ago had this S**t Hot Camaro SS that he'd never drive with almost no miles on it. But, I noticed everytime he fired it up, puffs of blue smoke whiffed out those shiny dual tips. And, it smoked a little when he screamed away from the driveway.

I'm not saying that's what EVERY low mileage truck has going on... just that's what I'd be concerned with if I found one. And the dealers? They DROOL over low mileage trucks, and charge according to market value, not what they're actually worth to the banks loaning the money. :thumbsup:

Not an argumentative point... just an observation! :D

#32 · (Edited)
I know here if you have a 2003-2007 5.9 six speed it doesn't matter how many miles or how it was treated or looks if it runs you can pretty much get whatever you are asking for it. When they are at a dealer if they are there longer than 3 days something is seriously wrong. I have a buddy who works at a little used car lot and they usually don't even have time to detail the truck before it's sold.

#36 ·
If y'all have Facebook, look up "Diesel trucks for sale" you'd laugh and shake your head at some of the prices these fools are asking...

An '02 reg cab 2500 with 178k miles painted a custom green and very minimum mods for $18,500.... WTH!!!!

Reactions: Dusty
#38 ·
Im into classic Chevys (Tri fives to 1964 Impalas) I look at it like they are the same folks that left that us the occasional cream puff low mileage cars were uncovering today. Sometime in the future, someones gonna be very happy to get that truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.