Torque App Android - Transmission Temp - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
KCT
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Torque App Android - Transmission Temp

I've been searching the forums (as well as the Torque forum) but haven't found anyone who's been able to get the Tranny temp to register.

Has anyone had any luck getting transmission temperature on the Torque Android app? Any luck with getting the custom PID's? I know our trucks monitor this, it's just a matter of getting it out of the OBDII.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

It is there because my Edge Juice w/ Attitude reports tranny temp and the only place it gets it is from the OBDII
Old 07-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
KCT
Cummins Fanatic

Update: Was able to get Trans Temp to read. In the custom OBD2 PIDs screen, I added the predefined set "other". This gave me a "Transmission Temperature (Method 3)" option which I added to my gauges screen.

Question - does anyone know if this is accurate? I've plugged in all the info for my truck (via settings). I drove the truck for about 30min on the highway unloaded (outside temp is about 80). Truck sat for about an hour. I started it and idled in park for about 5 min, playing around with the Torque app. Original temp on the torque app after sitting and 5 min idle was 158, when I shut it down it was registering 172 (after about 5min in park).

Question 2: Still can't get rail pressure to read. I plugged in the following to custom PIDs that I found on another thread:
ODB PID = 0123
Long name = Rail Pressure
Short name = Rail
Minimum value = 0
Maximum value = 30
scale factor = x1
Unit type = 1K
Equation = (((A*256)+ B)* 10) / 6894.76

Thanks
KT
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
KCT
Cummins Fanatic

Alright figured out that the Trans Temp listed above is really reading coolant temp.

Anyone had luck reading tranny temp and rail pressure?? Anyone??
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
KCT
Cummins Fanatic

Bump..... Anyone had luck with Trans Temp and Rail Pressure with Torque?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

The Torque app has a rail pressure PID already in it. That's the one I use. Although i have entered the custom PID like you have there for rail pressure and it worked as well. I have not gotten the trans temp to read on my cousin's 05 auto. I have a manual.
'06 2500 4x4 QC, G56(MD-50wt)-ValAir Dual Disc, Jacobs/Mopar exhaust brake, crazy larry, Firestone ride-rite bags, Baldwin f/w sep + Cat 2mic filter, EV2-lift,rail,EGT,boost, MBRP 5" w/muff, silencer ring IA
06speed is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Anyone using an old 1st Gen Android? Will it work? My wife has an old one sitting in the drawer. We both have iphones now and the torque app looks better than apps for the iphones.
ChucktownJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
KCT
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06speed View Post
The Torque app has a rail pressure PID already in it. That's the one I use. Although i have entered the custom PID like you have there for rail pressure and it worked as well. I have not gotten the trans temp to read on my cousin's 05 auto. I have a manual.
I wonder if the PID's are just different in 2004.5? I can get either to work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucktownJohn View Post
Anyone using an old 1st Gen Android? Will it work? My wife has an old one sitting in the drawer. We both have iphones now and the torque app looks better than apps for the iphones.
I have a Droid 2
Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
What bluetooth obd2 are you guys using I'm going to order one since I can't find any locally?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
KCT
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X View Post
What bluetooth obd2 are you guys using I'm going to order one since I can't find any locally?
I bought this one (not at this store): ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface Transceiver Adapter For Car Short / Long Term Fuel Trim - ELM327-Diagnostic-Transceiver

Imagestore - ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface Transceiver Adapter For Car Short / Long Term Fuel Trim

I think I got it for less than $20 delivered.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I don't think there is a provision for tranny temp on your year. I have an 05 and there just isn't one. I went with an aftermarket gauge and sender.
2005 3500 Laramie 4x4, Edge Juice with Attitude with "Hot" unlock, Edge Ez, Devils Own H2O injection, FS2500 Oil Bypass Filter, BD aux lift pump, BD Transmission controler, Transmission bulit by J&G Transmission, Bully Dog rfi intake, Banks Monster exaust, MBRP cat delete, DJ motorsports grill, Superlift 6" lift, Toyo 37x13.50x18, 18x10 RBP Wheels,Enkay mud flaps, Weekend on the Edge 2008 Winner in open class!!
Thunder Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

scanguage has trans temp and rail pressure listed on their site as confirmed for their reader so you have to be able to pull it off someway, just have to find the right commands for torque.

Dodge Specific : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge
hillbilli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.