Only 1 tire spins??? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Only 1 tire spins???

When i was in the snow in 2 wheel drive only one tire would spin, but on pavment it seems like i can get both tires to spin. what can i do to get both tires to spin, because eventually when i drag race my truck im gonna want max traction, what would help???
2007 5.9L laramie [/B]4door short bed, 4x4, 5 inch MBRP exhaust, AFE stage II intake, ATS manifold, Smarty REVO. Autometer guages, AirdogII. leveling kit/Bilstein 5100's.1992 1st gen soon to be P-pumped, 47RH swap, twins.
slvrbullet01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

you'll need a locker, posi-trac, limited slip...something along those lines...but I think I saw a thread on here that said that there arent any available for that rear axle...or at least that ARB was not making theirs for it, which would be the way to go for street driving. you dont want to have a full detroit thats engaged all the time for a truck thats driven every day on the street, puts a lot of stress on everything else. search "locker" and see what you come up with.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I can hardly ever get mine to spin both tires if I try. You might want to check your truck for an open diff. by running the VIN # or pull the diff cover. The only option as of now is the factory limited slip. From what I have seen as long as both tires are on the same style of surface they will both spin with the factory limited slip. I will be putting one in my truck within the next couple of months. I'm tired of waiting for an aftermarket solution. It's been over 4 years now that they keep saying it will happen this year, then it doesn't happen.
'06 Dodge Ram 2500 MC 4x4 auto, Trans by Timinva, Flex Plate, HTT 62/65/14, ARP's, O-Ringed, f1 springs and cam, Bladerunner, Fass 150, 5" to 6" stacks, SMARTY POD TNT/R, TST, 7 Optix gauges.1/4mile 12.8400 @ 103.74mph 9-19-08 OUT OF AIR!
diesel_dan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

IF YOU plan on drag racing the truck, get yourself a spool or weld them spider gears
ccoop769 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I know the jeep is the same way- I don't know why they call it 2wd it should be called 1wd
If I get a truck I would put a posi or a locker.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

who makes the limited slip gears??
2007 5.9L laramie [/B]4door short bed, 4x4, 5 inch MBRP exhaust, AFE stage II intake, ATS manifold, Smarty REVO. Autometer guages, AirdogII. leveling kit/Bilstein 5100's.1992 1st gen soon to be P-pumped, 47RH swap, twins.
slvrbullet01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

thats not good LOL I have a hard time ever getting one to spin its always both back and most of the time both front.
GETERDID is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullet01 View Post
who makes the limited slip gears??
theres a bunch that make them check this web site out

Randy's Ring & Pinion

search by make/ model or if u know your axle select that one. Then you click on the axle and it will give u a list of stuff to buy... I.e. lockers, limited slips, gear ratios, etc etc.

let me know if this helps, if u need to know more about the website just ask :thumbsup
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.