Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Only 1 tire spins???

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  RamThisCummins 
#1 ·
When i was in the snow in 2 wheel drive only one tire would spin, but on pavment it seems like i can get both tires to spin. what can i do to get both tires to spin, because eventually when i drag race my truck im gonna want max traction, what would help???

#2 ·
you'll need a locker, posi-trac, limited slip...something along those lines...but I think I saw a thread on here that said that there arent any available for that rear axle...or at least that ARB was not making theirs for it, which would be the way to go for street driving. you dont want to have a full detroit thats engaged all the time for a truck thats driven every day on the street, puts a lot of stress on everything else. search "locker" and see what you come up with.

#3 ·
I can hardly ever get mine to spin both tires if I try. You might want to check your truck for an open diff. by running the VIN # or pull the diff cover. The only option as of now is the factory limited slip. From what I have seen as long as both tires are on the same style of surface they will both spin with the factory limited slip. I will be putting one in my truck within the next couple of months. I'm tired of waiting for an aftermarket solution. It's been over 4 years now that they keep saying it will happen this year, then it doesn't happen.

#4 ·
IF YOU plan on drag racing the truck, get yourself a spool or weld them spider gears

#5 ·
I know the jeep is the same way- I don't know why they call it 2wd it should be called 1wd
If I get a truck I would put a posi or a locker.

#6 ·
who makes the limited slip gears??

#8 ·
theres a bunch that make them check this web site out

Randy's Ring & Pinion

search by make/ model or if u know your axle select that one. Then you click on the axle and it will give u a list of stuff to buy... I.e. lockers, limited slips, gear ratios, etc etc.

let me know if this helps, if u need to know more about the website just ask :thumbsup

#7 ·
thats not good LOL I have a hard time ever getting one to spin its always both back and most of the time both front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.