Cummins Diesel Forum banner

traction control???

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Moochoff 
#1 ·
hey everyone, im new here but have been refering to yalls forums for awhile now for info and love all the free information available so figured i might as well join in!

also i hope this is in the right section!

but heres my issue, i gutted the intake on my 06 4x4 5.9 today and removed the silencer ring. Took it out for a spin and about 15 minutes into the cruise check engine light comes on, i shook it off thinkin it probably had something to do with the airflow but out of curiousity i read the codes when i got home. its throwing 2 codes, p1222 (camshaft sensor malfunction) simple fix. but the second was p0345 or somethin like that but everything on the web points to a traction control output malfunction?? i wasnt aware my truck had trac. control. lol please correct me if im wrong though! has anyone else ever seen such or experienced this?

#3 ·
hmm.. thats strange. where do you get your code translations from? i just found a few from other forums when i googled the code

#4 ·
excuse my original post, the p1222 code was the traction control, p0431 was the camshaft position sensor code, both of these are listed on another cummins forum

#6 · (Edited)
#7 ·
thats weird that his grid heater light was coming on. mines the check engine light. so i wonder if i could have a loose connection somewhere? although im a diesel mechanic i havent had this truck very long so im not that familliar with the way everything is set up on it, this is the first problem ive had with it so i havent tore into anything on it yet...

#9 ·
alright thanks man, i would do that myself but i only have a phone, no computer so it takes me forever to load pages, i wouldnt get anywhere. haha

#10 ·
There are varied solutions in the threads, from computer flashes to injector leak tests. Almost all of them mention the grid heater light as well. Many of them mention recently installing or updating a tuner, too. It may be worth looking through the results when you get to a pc.

Reactions: BLWorthy
#11 ·
alright well i appreciate your help, ill check more into it tomorrow, my computer is de-fragging right now and said its gonna take 7 hours!!! i just wanted to make sure ill be alright to drive it to work tomorrow, i feel better now, thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.