06 track bar bushings - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
06 track bar bushings

i knew i should have listened to this forum... you guys told me that the moog track bar bushings were junk... YOU WERE RIGHT!!! i'm not spending $340 on an adjustable track bar for a stock height, stock tire daily driver. so here's what i'm thinking and need input on... im getting a new set of moog bushings, but only long enough to take them to my machinist buddy to have them made out of hardened steel or billet aluminum. I NEED OPINIONS ON THIS!!! let me know what you think... thanks.
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

You might try the Luke Link Tracbar Bushings...it really helped my truck! I've got a 2 inch leveling kit, Bilstein's, Maxx link sway bar links and the 08 upgrade tierod with a dual steering stabilizer and a steering box stabilizer...I got the bushings from Geno's Garage...good luck with your truck!
2K3 Ram 2500, 305/555HO,EDGE J/A Hot, FASS HPFP, Diamond Eye QT, 08.5 tierod, BD str Stab, dual rancho stabilizers, Maxx links, 2" lvl,Suncoast VB/TC/Flexplate and Sonnax Input shaft,AFE Ex Man, pusher intake, ARP625, BD Tow Twins 509hp 1024 tq
Heckuvatrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrive0001 View Post
i knew i should have listened to this forum... you guys told me that the moog track bar bushings were junk... YOU WERE RIGHT!!! i'm not spending $340 on an adjustable track bar for a stock height, stock tire daily driver. so here's what i'm thinking and need input on... im getting a new set of moog bushings, but only long enough to take them to my machinist buddy to have them made out of hardened steel or billet aluminum. I NEED OPINIONS ON THIS!!! let me know what you think... thanks.
just spend $36 on the lukes link poly bushings for the 3rd gen trac bar and pound out the old ones, slide in the new ones and be done with it. Dont replace a bushing with a solid steel or aluminum one... that defeats the purpose of a bushing. Get your lukes link from genos garage, It took me about 2hrs to install them in my truck. I just left the truck on the ground, removed the trac bar, drilled out the middle of the original bushing (metal center insert) and pounded out the original bushing. I coated the lukes link bushing in grease and installed it... no big deal.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

The Website doesnt say anything about if it fits a 2500... does this mean that i have the same front end as a 1500?
it even says that it fits to a certain date but nothing about what size truck.
I have the same huge single cluck from lock to lock and loose steering. Everyone keeps saying just the track bar bushings but it doesnt have any play (that I can feel) but neither does anything that I can find. the truck is about to hit 130k what else should I be looking to replace/upgrade.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Genos garage sells Lukes links
Old 06-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Replacement track bar bushings for '03-'07 Dodge Ram.-Geno's Garage

this is the link to them but it doesnt say if it fits both the 1500 or the 2500/3500. But I dont know if its the exact same set up as a 1/2 ton ram...
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Dude, just buy the LL bushing kit. Solid mounts will ride like CHEET!!!

Track Bar Rebuild w/ Lukes Links Write Up
06 Megacab 4WD,Transgo kit, 2" TopGunz kit,4.11, H-2 wheels,315/70/17 BFG's, Flashpaq, K&N, B&W goose, dual shocks at each corner up front, steering box brace, and a bigass dent in the tailgate because my wife just had to back the trailer...
rgsauger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Bought a new factory trackbar from the dealer for less than $300. Put it on, no problems since. Been on about 6 months now...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

So i take it these wont work on my 07 with a 6.7 as its an 07.5? Is there any replacement bushings out here for my year truck?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

[QUOTE=MPD106;4369212]just spend $36 on the lukes link poly bushings for the 3rd gen trac bar and pound out the old ones, slide in the new ones and be done with it. Dont replace a bushing with a solid steel or aluminum one... that defeats the purpose of a bushing. Get your lukes link from genos garage, It took me about 2hrs to install them in my truck. I just left the truck on the ground, removed the trac bar, drilled out the middle of the original bushing (metal center insert) and pounded out the original bushing. I coated the lukes link bushing in grease and installed it... no big deal.[/QUOTE

I switched to the poly bushings 3 years ago that Luke sells. About $30.00 and she hasn't made any noises again.
2007 MEGA 5.9,4x4,no silencer ring,AFE stage 2 CAI 5" FB Exst,Tuff Country 6'' lift.355/65/18 Kumho A/T, MOTO METAL 950's Flashpaq,N-FAB LineX 3 step bars,Amsoil Bypass, Eclipse in dash Navigation/DVD, Kicker 400 Mono,12" MB Quart, DDMtuning Raptor HID
crashfirepm53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to crashfirepm53 For This Useful Post:
Justeatn (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

[quote=crashfirepm53;5260733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD106 View Post
just spend $36 on the lukes link poly bushings for the 3rd gen trac bar and pound out the old ones, slide in the new ones and be done with it. .[/QUOTE

I switched to the poly bushings 3 years ago that Luke sells. About $30.00 and she hasn't made any noises again.

What he said...
06 Megacab 4WD,Transgo kit, 2" TopGunz kit,4.11, H-2 wheels,315/70/17 BFG's, Flashpaq, K&N, B&W goose, dual shocks at each corner up front, steering box brace, and a bigass dent in the tailgate because my wife just had to back the trailer...
rgsauger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rgsauger For This Useful Post:
Justeatn (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Well for just a temp thing I TQ'd them down to specs and it was only about a round and a half but big threads so it pulled good and tight.
Now I cant make it Clunk! Everyday backing out of the drive and nothing. I even tried to pull into a parking lot with a bump up from the road and nothing... so if or when it starts back up ill take down mine and get the Thuren replacement. I have the 2' levelers and that is whats jacking with it I bet.
Just wondering but did you ever try to tighten before you replaced? just asking not trying to be an a$$. just making sure im not just prolonging the inevitable.
Again thanks for the reply guys.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.