Rhino Lining / Line-x rocker panels and bumpers - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Rhino Lining / Line-x rocker panels and bumpers

So I want to rhino line or line x my rocker panels and my front and rear bumpers, but the place I talked to in my area (line x place) quoted me $1200 for this. I thought it seemed pretty high but I want to see what you guys think. For that price I might as well buy a sprayer and do it myself. Just looking for some input, thanks guys
2005 QCSB | MTD Built 48RE | Smarty UDC | Edge Insight CTS | AFE stg 2 | Muffler Delete | GDP 2MK Big Line | 2.5" level | Gauges | Bushwackers | Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5 | MTD Traction Bars | CD Steering Box Brace | Maxx Links
CantStopCummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
PepBoys/Advance Auto Hurculiner<sp?> Roll on kit, about $100.00 for Gallon and Roller. Just follow the directions.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
how does it come out lookin?
2005 QCSB | MTD Built 48RE | Smarty UDC | Edge Insight CTS | AFE stg 2 | Muffler Delete | GDP 2MK Big Line | 2.5" level | Gauges | Bushwackers | Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5 | MTD Traction Bars | CD Steering Box Brace | Maxx Links
CantStopCummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Looks like a Roll-on/Spray-on Bed Liner...Same as Line-X, Rubberized-ish textured Finish.
If you want Line-X, then buy that specific Brand, my point was, you're paying about $1000.00 of that $1200.00 for Labor Costs.

Those that Can, DO...Those that Can't, Pay.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
ESP
Diesel Freak

got quoted 1400 for it where im at.. a little ridiculous. i just went to my
local auto parts store and bought some bed liner in an spray can and did my chrome bumpers to get rid of some chrome and see how it lasts. i say pay 100 bucks and do it yourself, prep work really isnt too difficult.
2005: 3500 SRW : NV5600 : autometer factory match boost, pyro, rail, fuel pressure: K&N CAI tube/AFE filter : factory cat, muff delete : FASS titanium 150 : south bend DD 3250 : CPP traction bars : BD TD CL : 5% all around
ESP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
My local line-x dealer quoted me 500 for rockers and 200 for wheel wells with the extra uv protection, sounds like they are trying to rob ya! My personal opinion is line-x or nothing at all, you couldn't pay me to buy that over the counter roll/spay-on stuff, plus line-x has lifetime warranty.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 CUMMINS LARAMIE 2500/AUTO/3.42/MM/OD UNLOCK/S&B/20X10 XD MONSTERS/295/60/20 NITTO'S/3'' CARLI BACK COUNTRY/A.R.E. Z SERIES/SILVER BULLET 66/STEED SPEED 2ND GEN MANIFOLD/ TUNING BY DAVE
Hemisphere2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

i too was quoted 1200, but when i saw it ....it was right. gauranteed, and all that jazz, they even wrapped in to the door jambs, and carried it around the door bottoms, leaving the drains open. worth every peny, it will be one of my next purchases.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

honestly, thats not a bad price, the rockers require a ton of taping off.
faith707 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to faith707 For This Useful Post:
02cumminok (02-28-2013)
Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I just realized you had bumpers priced as well, so that 1200 isn't to far off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 CUMMINS LARAMIE 2500/AUTO/3.42/MM/OD UNLOCK/S&B/20X10 XD MONSTERS/295/60/20 NITTO'S/3'' CARLI BACK COUNTRY/A.R.E. Z SERIES/SILVER BULLET 66/STEED SPEED 2ND GEN MANIFOLD/ TUNING BY DAVE
Hemisphere2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere2 View Post
My local line-x dealer quoted me 500 for rockers and 200 for wheel wells with the extra uv protection, sounds like they are trying to rob ya! My personal opinion is line-x or nothing at all, you couldn't pay me to buy that over the counter roll/spay-on stuff, plus line-x has lifetime warranty.

They're the same (chemical properties) product...Polyurethane.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I had my bed, rocker panels, Fenders and a strip across the nose done for about $1700.. Most of that cost is labor for masking off the truck because they spray it on and unless you want line-X or Rhino liner all over your rig they have to do a good job with the masking...

.:
Quilbilly Brian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Look into Monsta Liner or something like that. It is a DIY kit but its supposed to be alot better than whats out there. It has alot of good reviews as well. I think its what I am gonna do my truck with. Check it out.

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior
Chris McCrary is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.