Transmission Remote filter kits - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Question Transmission Remote filter kits

I wanted to know if there is a good transmission remote filter kit out there. I have looked at the derale kit which is 46 to bucks which is not bad and I also found an BnM filter kit. But I just dont know if they are good kits any suggestions would be awesome! I just got a new trans and want to protect it as much as possible!
2005 dodge cummins 4.5 inch fabtech lift 35 Hankook Dynapro Muds, Home Depot CAI (thanks to AH64ID), SMARTY PoD , banks high ram air intake manifold 4 inch exhaust with a missing muffler and silencer ring: ISSPRO gauges,Frantz oil bypass kitDTT transmission
ADawg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 06:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Here's one I would recommend.
http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=797
or BD Inline Transmission Filter Kit 47RE 47RH 48RE Dodge Cummins Diesel 1064017
FastFreddy1414 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Cool Thanks! I guess I wont get away with a 60 dollar filter setup. Thanks again for the guidance!
2005 dodge cummins 4.5 inch fabtech lift 35 Hankook Dynapro Muds, Home Depot CAI (thanks to AH64ID), SMARTY PoD , banks high ram air intake manifold 4 inch exhaust with a missing muffler and silencer ring: ISSPRO gauges,Frantz oil bypass kitDTT transmission
Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

So I found this Derale transmission remote filter kit on PATC under the dodge 48re. So it should be alright to use right? I mean I know there are some good ones out there but like everyone else I am trying to get a bang for the good old buck! Derale Cooling Products
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I think any filter will work as long as it is installed properly.

Another thing to consider is that the filter head should have a high pressure bypass. The reason is that if the filter plugs up the bypass will open allowing full flow to the transmission. Running it dry or overpressuring lines can be more harmful than cleaner fluid.

Also I wouldn't go any smaller than 20 microns. I think 50-100microns is plenty for the trans. The smaller micron filters will plug up too fast IMHO.

The Derale kit uses rubber lines. I'd try to upgrade to steel braided lines. The price is right though.

Just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to FastFreddy1414 For This Useful Post:
ADawg (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Thanks for the info! it helps do you recommend a kit?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

If I had an expensive transmission it would surely have an external filter on it!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I have ran the dieselsite trans filter kit for 16,xxx miles with no problems, the fluid still looks new. I am about to change out the baldwin filter, just ordered several of them for $7 per filter. I would go with the dieselsite kit, its cheap, easy to use, uses over the counter baldwin filters and has stainless lines.
The Following User Says Thank You to MPD106 For This Useful Post:
ADawg (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Great I will take a look at their setup thanks for the info guys!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Here is the issue I plan on getting both the Trans remote filter and engine oil remote filter but I can afford to get one right now which should I get? Since I have the upgraded trans already should I just get the remote filter for the trans from dieselsite? Or get the engine oil remote from nuc motor sports?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

The 48RE oem pump is just enough to get the job done in stock form. Throwing another flow restriction into the system could be bad news since the 48RE was never designed for an added external filter like the 68RFE or the Allison. Heck, the Aisin AS68RC only has a pan filter and it comes with the best warranty over Dodge, GM and Ford offerings.
Retired Navy Chief - Vanilla 04 2500 QCSB, 4x4, 48RE w/MagHytec DD, Smarty Jr, HOG 4" Exh, Modded Air Box, Isspro Gauges, Quadzilla RPG w/fuel pressure, DynaTrac front, Coolant By-Pass Filter - B&W Turnoverball w/Companion 5vr hitch

Last edited by NavyDood; 06-28-2011 at 12:47 PM.
NavyDood is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
The 48RE oem pump is just enough to get the job done in stock form. Throwing another flow restriction into the system could be bad news since the 48RE was never designed for an added external filter like the 68RFE or the Allison. Heck, the Aisin AS68RC only has a pan filter and it comes with the best warranty over Dodge, GM and Ford offerings.

A lot of the remote filters have a bypass in the head for if the filter gets clogged the fluid goes on a detour. I just dont see why adding extra filtration is a bad thing? I know a lot of people have added the remote fuel filter that filters down to 2 mic with little to no problems. The filters on these trans remote setups do not filter down that low just enough to get the smaller debris that the main filter can possibly let by. I appreciate your advice I really do... I just want to protect my investment and what better way than better filtration.

Last edited by ADawg; 06-28-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.