Cummins Diesel Forum banner

S&B filter wrap

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CantStopCummins 
#1 ·
I was wanting to take off the clear plastic part on my S&B to get more air to the filter. is this a good idea?? anybody done this?? and then put a filter wrap on it. hope the turbo screams louder! not that it doesnt already with no silencer ring :party018:

#2 ·
any reason on why i shouldnt take the clear plastic cover off?? its already covered all around for the most part

#3 ·
For me I keep it there just for the extra added protection----and piece of mind. I have seen that water can actually build up on top of the box while driving in the rain. So getting water in there would be a concern of mine unless the sock could completely eliminate that :confused:

#4 ·
But most after market filters are fully exposed?? I'm just wanting to let it breath a little better

#9 ·
just to save you the trouble, take off your intake and there will be a metal ring on the interior of your turbo inlet. You can pop it out with a screw driver and bada bing bada boom you no longer have a silencer ring. try this if you still don't understand Let me google that for you

As for the filter, I've never had an s&b, but my afe is completely exposed and no problems, I don't see why you couldn't do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.