Cummins Diesel Forum banner

strange vibration!?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tekkaomega 
#1 ·
my truck is an 06 dually with 22.5'' wheels and tires it has a bit of a light vibration here and there on the highway but nothing crazy, my biggest concern is when slowing to a stop the truck vibrates like crazy almost shaking:confused013: i did some research on here and thought maybe it could be my front driveshaft u-joints or the trackbar?? I just installed all new tie rods, draglink, and ball joints. i get the vibration slowing from around 55 to almost to a stop but the shake will go away if I lay back in the throttle. any ideas?

#6 ·
Ditto on the bearing carrier my was toast and it was making all kinds of vibration from it especially slowing down and at really low speeds. just did a 1pc driveshaft today and it runs so much smoother. If your bearing carrier is bad might be a good excuse to go this route

#3 ·
Warped rotors? Or is it happening when not brakeing?

#4 ·

i have yet to actually check into some stuff its been raining out. the passenger side rotor is a tad warped but only on the inner side of it. im gonna look at the carrier bearing later if the rain slows down

#5 ·
i have yet to actually check into some stuff its been raining out. the passenger side rotor is a tad warped but only on the inner side of it. im gonna look at the carrier bearing later if the rain slows down
Sorry but you cant just warp the inside of a rotor you might have some grooving on one side or the other.

#7 ·
thats what i meant the inner side of the rotor ya know the side facing "in"

#8 ·
i checked out the carrier bearing it has a little bit of play in it but not too much ,I dont know if its enough to create that bad of a vibration

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.