Bestop vs Softopper - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Bestop vs Softopper

Anyone have any input on these two soft tops? Looks for something easily removable. Looking for pics if anyone had any as well.
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

No one has one?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Ended up getting the Softopper.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I always liked those but never saw one in person, or spoke to anyone that owned one.

Can you give me a little feedback on it? Does it flap? How's the fit & finish? Is the framework sturdy?

I like the way they look and the fact that you can roll the sides.

Got any pics?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve936 View Post
I always liked those but never saw one in person, or spoke to anyone that owned one.

Can you give me a little feedback on it? Does it flap? How's the fit & finish? Is the framework sturdy?

I like the way they look and the fact that you can roll the sides.

Got any pics?
Its snowing and about 20 here so I am waiting till it warms up some. Will give a full write up when its on though.
Duluth Diesel (01-31-2010), jerryb1973 (01-31-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

softopper

I have a 2006 mega cab with the softopper and it works great. Easy on and off. I had a fifthwheel hitch in the bed so I needed something that could go on and off quickly. I've had it for three years now with no problems. I would highly recommend it.
vmax22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I'm interested in these as well. Any pics of the install process and final results would be greatly appreciated. I have always liked toppers but I often haul tall loads or tow a gooseneck trailer, so a fold down topper would be better than a tonneau cover but not a PITA to remove like a hard topper.

-Chuck

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax22 View Post
I have a 2006 mega cab with the softopper and it works great. Easy on and off. I had a fifthwheel hitch in the bed so I needed something that could go on and off quickly. I've had it for three years now with no problems. I would highly recommend it.
Can you post up pics on the interior and exterior please? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Diesel View Post
I'm interested in these as well. Any pics of the install process and final results would be greatly appreciated.

-Chuck
........x2!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't have any pictures of my truck with the topper on but you can see what it looks like on Softopper.com. I have people stop me every week and ask about the top, so much so that my wife thinks that I should sell them. If you need something that can go on and off fast this will fit the bill.
vmax22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Just a quick picture after it was just put on. Will take more tomorrow once it gets a chance to stretch out and its light out.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Another truck I found.
calispyder (12-19-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.