Block Heater Cord Installation, Help!! Pics - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Block Heater Cord Installation, Help!! Pics

I have an 06 ram 2500, and went ahead and got the block heater cord cause mine did not come with one. I, an idiot when it comes to diesels(since this is my first one) can not find the location to plug it in to the truck. I need some help finding the location. Please help, Pics would be all so great, to see how you guys routed it. Thanks in advance.
06ramsprt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

In the picture right behind the oil filter housing you will see an orange rubber boot, that is the block heater cable. I think there is a little plastic cap over the plug in but I don't remember as I did mine quite some time ago. Sorry it's not the best picture of what you are asking but it is the only one I could find that had it in the picture. Hope that helps.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

the cord plugs in underneathe your exhaust manifold and next to the oil filter it has a black screw on cap you need to remove for the plug to go in
Old 12-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Holy Fricken Crap Batman!!!!! Somebody Has Stolen Your Exhaust!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Found it!! Thanks guys!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Ok, located block heater cord.....next question...how in the world do I get to it?? I ordered a kn air intake and am installing it today. Does that help me get to it? Or is there more disassembly needed. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I just did this the other day when my AFE came in. It is much easier to get to with the stock intake removed otherwise it takes some work to get you hand in there. Is you KN just a filter or is it a full cold air system? If it is a full system then when you take out the stock intake install the cord prior to installing the KN system. This allows you to look at where you want to run the wire much easier.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ramsprt View Post
Ok, located block heater cord.....next question...how in the world do I get to it?? I ordered a kn air intake and am installing it today. Does that help me get to it? Or is there more disassembly needed. Thanks.
crawl under the truck and install from there...
Old 12-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Junkie

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ramsprt View Post

No picture....but it's on the bottom of the block....just behind the oil filter. It's just as easy to lay on your back and reach it from underneath....if there has never been a cord on it , there will be a black plastic cap threaded on the plug location.....just unscrew the cap and screw the block heater cord nut on....route the wire up front and your done.

2010 3500 C&C 4X4 ;EBY Built Flatbed ;H&S Black Maxx; DPF/EGR Delete; S&B CAI;South Bend CAISDD3600-GK,

Ohio Coal Rollers
Cumminsforum.com
TVtruck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

True Vaule Truck described the location very well. I did mine from underneath and it took a little wiggling to get the plug in then the lock nut on, but it only took a few minutes.

Dave
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
D45
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 15 reviews

04 QC/LB, 4WD, 305/555 HO CTD, 6" Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo Open Country MT on 20x10 BMF SOTA 8, MBRP 5", GDP Power-Flo, GDP Air Boss, GDP Grid Delete, IceBox Intake, Air Dog 150, ATS Pulse Flow Manifold, BD Special, SMARTY SR POD, ARP Head Studs, T&C WILD Fuel Rail, T&C CPRV, II Dragon Fire 85% CP3, II 100HP Nozzles, Edge CTS Monitor, Built 48RE Trans
D45 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to D45 For This Useful Post:
greydog06 (12-30-2010)
Old 01-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Thanks for the info. My cord should be hear soon
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.