Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Electrical issue?

840 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rghavana 
#1 ·
I apologize for the long post. I am out of the country and trying to handle all of this from the other side of the world.

Just had a shop do work on my transmission; they fixed at detent on the shifter that was broke, installed a Southbend clutch kit, replaced the hydraulics and the seals. Wife picked the truck up a week ago. The new clutch kind of freaked her out and she was complaining of noise. Had my dad and a friend drive the truck and they both said the transmission was fine and it was just the new clutch. The rear brakes were screwing up. She took it to my local shop. They said that it was likely just gravel in the rear brakes that had worked its way out, and that the brakes were fine by the time they took it all apart and inspected everything. Now to the current unresolved issues. When my wife picked up the truck she noticed the Bullydog wasn't working. She has since noticed that the electric door locks and the radio also do not work. Like I said I am not home so this is a huge pain. My first thought is fuses. My dad is going to check those.

However, if it is not a fuse what else could it be?
When the shop dropped the transmission would they have had to unplug any electrical connections?

#2 ·
Every shop MUST unplug both batteries. It's all shops policy. Diesels need a complete 100% connection with both batteries. If they are not in complete contact, it can result in ECM failure. Your bully dog connects and communicates to your ECM. For just batteries and transmissions, I doubt they would mess with anything else that would cause that issue. Double check both batteries. If that doesn't work, unplug both batteries with 30 mins then connect them nice and tight. That should reset your ECM.

#3 ·
Got home and started looking my truck over. My OBD2 port is busted and the wires are touching each other. This probably the cause of my issues but now I have to source a OBD2

#4 ·
Got a new OBD2/data port installed. I removed the battery cables for an hour or so while doing this. Retightened the cables and...... I am now getting codes P2127 and P2509. Nothing electrical works unless the key is in the ignition at the access/run position. The radio and door lock switch on the door (the lock not unlock, the unlock works) do not work regardless of where the key is, door lock and unlock work from the key fob. The Bullydog plugged into the OBD2 works, when the key is turned over. Does anyone know what I need to do or where I need to go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.