Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Weird oil leak

597 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  xWytewidoWx 
#1 ·
Hey guys!!
I looked up and down the internet but i cant find exactly what im looking for. Just the other day i hooked up a mystery type switch to the OD solenoid so it will shift into overdrive, got rid of most of the codes on the truck and i took it to work for the first few days to see how it holds up with towing some weight. Just towing a car trailer with a zero turn mower, push mower, etc. not that much weight.. this guy in front of me was going about 10 below the speed limit and i was in a hurry, so (f*** it) pinned it, passed the guy. When i get to my destination i seen oil all over the trailer and underneath my truck.. sweet.

Finally get the truck home after about 4 more hours of work and threw a piece of cardboard under it. Go out yesterday to try and find where its coming from, Fire the truck up and get underneath with a light and try to find where its coming from but nothing new is leaking? so im thinking crank case pressure, popped off the oil cap and their is no air movement at all.. On the dip stick its about 1/4"- 1/3" down past the |xxsafexx| area i think thats at least 2 quarts-ish? Could their be a scenario where their is no extra pressure at idle but unusually high pressure under load? i just changed the oil to Premium blue 5w-40 from 15w-40 (i dont know the brand), truck is stock with cold air intake. Going to have someone sit their for a min with the trottle to about 1800rpm while im under the truck to see what i can see. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! thanx

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.