Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Talked my buddy into checking out a truck... wish I had went first

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  MNmike 
#1 ·
A couple of us do Government work in Louisiana/Texas 5-6 times a year and we are always looking at trucks on line. Two of us have a Cummins and the other guy wants one. Well, we located what looked like a pretty nice truck that was just added to a dealers website in Houston. I convinced the guy that wants a truck to drive two hours and take a look. He brought it home. It's beautiful. 2004 one owner Texas truck with only 77k miles. 4X4 Laramie with perfect leather and not a mark on the carpet. a couple of small scratches and zero rust. It was added to their website yesterday and bought today for $22K. Here's his new baby. I'm jealous.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like a nice clean truck. :peelout

#4 ·
I'd say 22 was way to much for that truck. Plus you have a super nice 1st gen that I think you would be stupid to get rid of.

#6 ·
hey if he's happy with it then good on em! We all got to pay a little to join the club anyways, right guys :thumbsup:

very clean 1st gen too BTW, don't see many of those in that condition!

#8 ·
I think 22 (while crazy) is not a bad current price. I bought my '05 about a year and a half ago at 95K miles for 20k... Now I know folks will say they can find them cheaper.. Not around here you wouldn't.. I have looked and looked.

#10 ·
t4halo,

Heck, I love your truck too. Your buddy scored.

I see that you are 10th SF Ret. I didn't go to the Q-course, but I was Airborne stationed in 1st Bn 10th SF for 2.5 years when it was forward deployed in Bad Tolz, Germany and 2nd and 3rd were back in Devens. When were you in? Thanks for your service too, BTW.

#11 ·
Thanks for all the kind words on "Ol Blue". I enjoy the 22 mpg hwy and 16.5 while towing the camper.
My bud looked at quite a few 3rd gens before picking his up. 22k is a lot of money but totally rust free low mileage 5.9s are getting kinda tuff to find. Hell Id take his truck over most 6.7s made.

I left 10th group in 04. Thanks for your service as well.

#15 ·
That's because the more years that pass by, the harder it becomes to find a clean, lower milage 3rd gen.

I had paid $26k two years ago for my 05 with twn sets of tires and rims and a very nice Western V-plow. That was with 93k on the truck.

So I agree, if that truck is pretty much flawless and low miles it's going to get the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.