Spare Tire Mount In The Bed - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
D45
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Spare Tire Mount In The Bed

Due to some recent mods, I had to push the 5" MBRP exhaust back abound 2".

By doing so, I had to completely remove the spare tire that was mounted in the stock location, under the bed.....not much good the stock LT265 tire would do me anyways, oh well

So, I want to find a used 37" tire and mount it in the bed, someway.....somehow

I remember they used to make a clamp for the bed rails, which had a few automotive stlye studs that would securely mount a spare tire. Does anyone know what I am talking about or where I can find such a mount?

Or, are there any other options I might look in, that will not take up huge amounts of space.....I was hoping to mount it on the front passenger side of the bed, infront of the wheel well area:

I bought a 6' pieice of a Masterlock 1/2", rubber coated cable to lock the spare up with. Plus, I have a cap covering the bed, that is also always locked

Lastly, does anyone know what width the stock spare wheel is and if I can mount a 37x12.50 R17 tire onto it?

Thanks for any and all info!
04 QC/LB, 4WD, 305/555 HO CTD, 6" Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo Open Country MT on 20x10 BMF SOTA 8, MBRP 5", GDP Power-Flo, GDP Air Boss, GDP Grid Delete, IceBox Intake, Air Dog 150, ATS Pulse Flow Manifold, BD Special, SMARTY SR POD, ARP Head Studs, T&C WILD Fuel Rail, T&C CPRV, II Dragon Fire 85% CP3, II 100HP Nozzles, Edge CTS Monitor, Built 48RE Trans
D45 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
just look at some aftermarket spare tire carriers and make something useable out of that. i mean thats kinda what i do, look at something thats already been made and say i can build that
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB H.O. (305 HP) CFM intake manifold, 4 inch Silverline Turbo Back Exhaust, AEM Brute Force HD Intake system, ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans), Custom grill inserts, Recon smoked cab lights
CummewfwnsSoer04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Well since you have a shell on the truck you couldnt look at the tire gate option. But if you have a welder of know a buddy that does you could fab up pretty much exactly what you are looking for. Coat it with bed liner and bolt it in. I know there are some companies that make spare tire holders that bolt into your bed but i haven't seen one that mounts it to the side but they could be out there!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Something like this Valley Industries In-Bed Spare Tire Carrier | Cargo Haulers + Ladder Racks | Northern Tool + Equipment
Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
D45
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 15 reviews

That looks good, but it says:

"Can be used with 14in. to 16.5in. wheels with a 7in. max. rim width"

I would be using a 17" wheel that is 8-8.5" wide
04 QC/LB, 4WD, 305/555 HO CTD, 6" Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo Open Country MT on 20x10 BMF SOTA 8, MBRP 5", GDP Power-Flo, GDP Air Boss, GDP Grid Delete, IceBox Intake, Air Dog 150, ATS Pulse Flow Manifold, BD Special, SMARTY SR POD, ARP Head Studs, T&C WILD Fuel Rail, T&C CPRV, II Dragon Fire 85% CP3, II 100HP Nozzles, Edge CTS Monitor, Built 48RE Trans
D45 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

get a piece of flat steel from a parts place that sells welding supplies, also a piece of all thread...
make your own...
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.