Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Got a problem dash says no bus?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  04MoltenRedQC 
#1 ·
Got an 05 dodge 2500 diesel auto 4x4 i put a different stereo in it and worked fine then last night i went to try and start it and the dash went dead and said no bus but would crank all day long and i smacked the upper dash a couple times and i went back to normal but it will still do it while driving also the batterys were low but i been keeping them up y would it do that and i was gonna try and check codes and it said no link so any ideas could really help please thanks

#3 ·
the dash went dead and said no bus but would crank all day long and i smacked the upper dash a couple times and i went back to normal
I guess some loose electrical connections behind the dash.
And it happened after you worked on it.

#4 ·
Had the same thing happen to me when I installed my double din unhook the radio connector and see if it helps. If it does either the blue wire with white tracer or the mute wire needs to be unhooked.

#5 ·
OnefastCR is correct! I had the same problem a week ago and on the factory harness there is a white 20 gauge wire with a violet stripe on it that when it connects to the aftermarket harness then it connects to the brown wire on the aftermarket harness which is for the mute function. If you have the brown wire connected in any way or if it is making contact with anything then you have the symptoms that you are describing.

Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.